Chapter 24- NR

Saint Josiah
" You just eat all my food when you come over right baby? I watched as my daughter stuffed her mouth with chips and couldn't help but laugh.

" Dada ma?" This was like the third time she asked me for her and she was just with this women. I shook my head.

" Wanna call ma?" I pulled out my phone Facetiming Natalie.

"Yo wassgud, Nova keep asking for you"

" Hi pretty girl" Natalie said. Nova began jumping up smiling. I loved the sight of this regardless of what me and her mother went through. I vowed to never let her know we didn't get along. From what she can see I loved Natalie even though sometimes I wanna wring her neck.

" Hi ma " She kept repeating and waving her little hand.

" So what you two getting into?" I eyed the phone confused as to why she was talking to me.

" Nothing much Nova just eating everything" I laughed.

" Ok well you look cute today just to be with Nova" I know she wasn't flirting.

" Lee I dont even have no clothes on" I laughed.

" My point exactly" She smirked.

She was on some shit if she thought I was about to entertain the idea of being with her again in any way. Shawty was foul for keeping my child away from me for a minute and I won't ever forget that.

I missed a few months of her life and by then she was already talking and I missed that shit. I shook my head thinking.

" Aw man, you crazy you know that right?" She had knew that I stopped talking to Ambrosine for those few months when I first got Nova. She doesn't even know that she's pregnant. It isn't her concern but she would probably be hurt and take it out on me.

Ambrosine been avoiding me ever since I gave her head. She was acting embarrassed like she not fully pregnant by me.

" Whatever Josiah don't forget I once had you whipped" She lowered the camera down to her underwear.

" Yo chill Nova is watching. Relax you hornball" I was dead serious too.

" Boy hush she showers with me and came out of me. I'm just showing you my underwear! You like it?" She laughed.

This girl had to be drunk off some shit.

" Aight well I don't wanna see none of that. I'm straight." I said and she sucked her teeth.

She was tight but who gives a fuck. She had to be shitting me if she thought we could rekindle anything, I wouldn't even use her for no pussy. She act like she sick in the head and that won't be my problem. HELL NO.

" Yea yea yea, you say that now but I'm about to cook so I'll call to check up on Nova later. Do y'all want any food?" She know she really wanna just check up on me.

" Aight shawty ima holla at you, Nova say bye mommy" I completely disregarded her question as Nova waved smiling more focused on her tv show. I swear this kid is my twin.

I chilled with baby girl while she watched cartoons until I got a call  on my burner phone.

"Saint my man wassup!" A thick Italian accent came through the phone.

"Wassgud Pablo" I been working with the plug from Miami for a little while now.

"I got some work for you man" He took a slight pause.

"More relaxing though" He added.

"What's this so called relaxing work"

" I need you to go to the Dominican Republic and speak to someone"

"Shit I can't just call the nigga? Actually scratch that the feds be on it with that phone tapping shit but continue"

" I need you to teach him." A lesson he meant.

I glanced over at Nova who was focused on this cartoon Peppa pig nonsense on tv. Only time you'll ever see pig in this damn house.

' "He who holds the ladder is as bad as the thief himself" He added.

At this point I knew somebody was fucking with his money which was my money so I was already on it.

" Noted."

I turned looking over at my daughter. I had to be a better person than this but it was the best money I've seen. I always wondered how far was I willing to go with this shit. I always want to be here to protect my child. I couldn't jump up every second Pablo wanted me to. I'm not that kind of nigga.

" I'll get someone to handle it, I got my kid." I said.

"So long as its handled I don't give a damn."

He usually called from a burner so I wasn't worried.

I know one of my niggas wouldn't mind a trip to DR.

" Nova you know I love you right?" She was just staring at me with this goofy smile the laughed. Swear this kid was my world.

I called my nigga Trey up to see if he was trynna make this move. Trey was a friend from high school I use to sell weed with. He the nigga that introduced me to this lifestyle. I moved on to bigger and better but if an opportunity was available I was going to bless him. I remember what it feel like not to have shit.

Instead of calling him, I had one of my young niggas  deliver the message to him in person after chatting it up with Jah since he was at the warehouse. I got a text from Trey with a thumbs up and felt relieved that I could stay in the comfort of my own home.

Ambrosine Brooks

Today I had a doctors appointment and I knew Saint would have his daughter so I didn't bother him. I wanted to get a second opinion and make a decision today without so many voices in my ear. I know he wanted to be there for me today but he has already missed so much time with his daughter. Missing one appointment wont hurt him.

I sat in the doctors office with a bunch of other mothers and crying babies.

" Ambrosine Brooks" I stood up following my doctor.

" Hey sweetheart how are you?"

" Feeling good. How are you?'

" I'm doing good. Thank you. Your original doctor sent over your file. I know you're here to get another opinion so let just right in and get started on your ultrasound."

She placed cold jelly on my stomach and began to move the probe around my stomach.

" Okay Ambrosine. Everything is looking good. I will also check the babies heartbeat." I was able to hear the babies heart and it did not sound different from last time.

" It sounds like a heart murmur which is not uncommon and it can mean nothing is wrong. We will continue to monitor you both.  There may not be anything to worry about so for now I just want you to be stress free."

" When is the next doctors appointment? We want you to come back in two weeks."

She continued to tell me about other tests they'd be running and when to expect the results. She also gave me nutritional advice and told me to remain stress free.

" Okay thank you."

She handed me ultrasound photos and something inside of me felt warm. There was a little baby growing inside of me and I didn't want to abort my baby. I was scared but life has a way of being unpredictable. I never wanted this to be my story but right now, in this very moment, everything felt right.

I smiled and decided that I was going to be a mom.