Chapter 62 - Damage Pt 1

dam·age
ˈdamij/
verb
inflict physical harm on (something) so as to impair its value, usefulness, or normal function.

3 Days Later
Ambrosine

" Apryl I'll see you later I'm going to the library "

" Okay! Have fun" She shouted from the kitchen where she sat drinking coffee.

In these few days I've asked her every question that has ever crossed my mind. So far what I've gotten from all this is that she's extremely nice - to certain people. If she don't fuck with you then I feel bad.

Her favorite color is red.

She was stuck between the names Miracle and Ambrosine. Both extremely odd in my opinion.
Ambrosine derives from the word Ambrosius meaning "Immortal". She learned it from a high school teacher who was big on Greek Mythology and somehow it came up in a conversation. Belly and all she still finished school.

Niche hated it and thus I was nicknamed after a car, could the nigga be any more of a fuck up? Im just glad he wasn't the one who named me though. Would've fucked around and tried to call me Honda or Cadillac.

It was hard for her to have children which is why Miracle was an option, hearing this scared me a bit but she assured me not to worry because we are not one in the same although her blood runs through my veins.

She never returned because Niche threatened to kill the ones she loved one by one. Proving so with Xavier. She attempted to return when I was sixteen. Chasity and I were shocked but assured her she wasn't to blame. But she admitted that to this day it haunts her. Niche was evil. It took her years to confess this to Pablo. He always asked her why I don't live with them but her excuse was I couldn't be away from her family and friends.

She also told me that the way the got together and relocated was a story for another time. I was beyond intrigued.

She also admitted that she's nervous about one day meeting Saint. I assured her that he would be kind and she let out a big sigh causing me to laugh.

She comes off as being so strong. I guess she was broken down and built herself back up. I respect it.

Saint called me once and I ignored him because I had a final. Since then he hasn't tried and I miss his voice desperately. I was stubborn at first but I'm trying to see it from his perspective. He wants to clear the mess he started and I am partly to blame. But then again, Saint was after Niche business before I was ever in the picture.

My main concern is Nova though, this is all so unfair to her. I wasn't playing when I said he better get his ass home asap. Fuck his friends that ain't got no kids. I was all for helping them eat but leaving my baby in there is a big dub.

I got my mind off this by quickly thinking about how I had to finish up my work before this winter break came up.

I surprisingly was on track though. On breaks at work I did homework and after work I came home to do anything I missed during my breaks. Ya girl was still out here excelling in Hunter. I can't afford to fuck up and pay. Period.

I decided to go to the library like a normal student for once and finish this creative writing piece for my elective class.

The writing prompt was always odd. My professor would began a sentence and you'd have to create a story off those first few words and you weren't limited. Cursing was even allowed. It was by far my favorite class. Had I not loved children so much I would've majored in English for sure. Writing has always been a secret passion of mine.

I wanted to have fun with this so I needed complete focus and silence. I wasn't getting much of that with my extra guest. Wayno came over this morning and Apryl was still visiting. Sadly Natalie came to get Nova two days ago. It was fun playing step mommy while it lasted. Definitely forgot about the sugar rush. I got her next time.