Chapter 52 - In Check

Saint Josiah
One Week Later

" I just don't know why we so toxic around each other ma. I love her but I don't like the way she can get under my skin and make me want to hurt her but it only happened once. We've been through too much in this short time and I always pay for her mistakes."

I sighed admitting after my mother finally got me to crack about my relationship and why I haven't brung Ambrosine around. She knew something was wrong without me even saying so. I been sitting at her kitchen table quiet all morning just thinking. We apologized to one another but for a week nobody has said much but 'Good Morning' via texts.

" Work on your anger. You get that way because you love her. But I won't tell you again Josiah, I don't care how mad you get don't ever hit her again. I never raised you to be that way. Maybe this past week apart will help you two. Plus you've been spending time with Kairi so that's good."

" And Natalie ass no better. I just want her to live with me." I sighed

" You the only woman in my life not stressing me, you know I love you right ma?" I smiled hard.

" Mhmm, your ass better. I was in labor all them hours you have no choice! Plus you got a lifetime of me stressing you during your teens."

I laughed.

" I'm stuck on where to go from here. Part of me don't wanna be with her but another part of me wants to just take time to talk things out like adults. I love her but this thing we got going on isn't healthy."

From her pregnancy to our arguments and even her crazy ass moms, things are never fully addressed. It's partially mentioned then brushed off. Not anymore.

I wanna know why a nigga felt comfortable kissing her, why she felt comfortable spitting on me, how knowing her mother attempted to blackmail me into making them meet made her truly feel but mostly importantly the impact the loss of our child had on her, which in my opinion was the start of our downfall. A nigga always wonder would we be happy had our daughter or son still been in her stomach.

My biggest issue remaining is how to go about addressing this all without arguing. This is why we've barely spoken. Things never come out right.

Having this talk with my mother reminded that the violent man I've been showing Ambrosine is not me at all but I'm worried she truly is this angry person who's been lashing out all the time. She's such a beautiful person but she letting her parents mistakes ruin her and I don't think she even notices. She's becoming everything she hates about them.

" Baby just talk until things are settled but actions speak louder. Don't get lost in the warm hugs and kisses. If you love her make it work so I can finally meet her again!" She said hugging me.

" I know ma, hopefully that can be soon. But let me get up and go bring Nova to Natalie" I sighed. I hated whenever my lil one had to leave me. I picked a sleeping Nova up and my mom kissed us both before we headed out the door.

I put Nova in her car seat and headed towards Natalie's. She lived a little far and I'm sure she did that shit on purpose.

I finally got to her crib and just knew it was gonna be a back and forth argument with her for an hour.

" Why you here?" She opened the door.

" We need to talk about this bullshit. Why you being petty?"

" I'm not being fucking petty I'm being a mother!"

" Lee what's your issue with her, in all honesty we haven't been together in forever and you've been with other niggas. I'm just trynna cut this drama out my life son" I shook my head.