Chapter 21 - Relief

Saint Josiah
Two weeks later

Ambrosine's pregnancy been on my mind heavy. I've been checking up on her everyday to get the next appointment date and she finally answered me this morning. She was still pissed off about the incident that happened back at my house. I been ranging her doorbell daily and either Chasity or Camilla as been coming to the door or speaking through their ring doorbell ensuring me that she was okay. She's be dodging me for two weeks. Yesterday, we got the DNA results confirming that the baby she's carrying is mine. She didn't respond.

This morning Ambrosine finally communicated with me that she wasn't going to continue her pregnancy and wanted me to be there when she got an abortion. I was thrown off. I don't know why I felt a way knowing how I reacted before. She caught me completely off guard and I had to drop everything to take her to a private clinic in Queens.

It's 5:30am and we wanted to be as early as possible so I drove her. There was complete silence between us. The only thing that made it less awkward was the music playing. I needed a blunt desperately.  She had a hoodie on and her head was down. I couldn't see her face but I think she was crying.

" You got your photo ID?" I broke the silence.

" Yes." She said.

" Okay."

" How are you feeling?" I asked.

" Scared." She mumbled.

" When it's done, I want to sit in the back and lay down." She said.

" That's fine." I nodded. Usually I'd be telling her I'm not an Uber driver but I decided to save it. Once we arrived, we were the only two in the waiting area. I paid a large amount to make sure nobody would see us coming in or out. She was dragging herself out my car. I could see the hesitation in her eyes once she glanced over at me. She put her head back down.

" Yo your folks know about this? You need a room to stay at for a few days?" I asked. She didn't respond to me.

" Audi?" I tapped her. She waved me off.

I stood off to the side as she checked herself in. I noticed that the woman at the desk couldn't keep her eyes off me. She eyed Ambrosine, eyed me and then back to Ambrosine. I could read her whole demeanor and thoughts without her saying one word. I won't say too much.

" Ms. Brooks, we will call you shortly."

We sat with two chairs in between us. I had my eyes glued to her. She turned her phone off and handed it to me after her name was called. I appreciated them still treating her like any other patient despite the thousands I spent to get them out of their beds earlier.

" Excuse me." She said to me.

" Can you please hold my phone?" She asked in the kindest tone.

" Yeah."

I decided to give her privacy and respect. I know some people may live an ordinary life where rules apply to them but I can do what I want with this money. That HIPA shit don't apply to me. I chose a small practice for a reason. If I wanted this money to talk, it would've. I just couldn't see myself stopping so low and going inside with her.

Her hand was shaking as she entered. I noticed a few workers whispering in the corner.

" These girls go and get pregnant after having fun with these hood rich dudes and then be scared when it's time to lay on this table." One of the older women who worked in the facility said. I had AirPods in my ear but I wasn't listening to shit. I was the only person sitting here and even with this elevator music playing I still could hear them talking shit. I played it off like I was listening to shit play on the gram and wasn't paying them any mind.