Chapter 28- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico Pt 2

The next day...
Saint Josiah

" Wanna go up Nova?" I began throwing her up and she was laughing her little heart out. These are the moments I lived for. This little girl was my whole world.

Today was our last full day here because I had to get Nova back to her moms by tomorrow night, couldn't fuck up our schedule.

I had been enjoying myself. We went out to eat a few times, I got my old man to teach me golf and now we were in the pool chilling.

A few females were smiling towards me playing with Novs but I didn't entertain it. I had what I wanted back in New York and I missed my baby badly. We spoke last night when she got in from the doctor but she sounded really tired.

She fell asleep on the phone and hung up this morning when she got up to shower and eat. I told her that any days she missed at work I'd put that money back in her pocket regardless but she had to stay on point in school. She had a mini break coming up from what I know for thanksgiving which was right by her birthday and her grades were fine so I wasn't stressing plus it was Saturday.

" Ma where y'all going?" I eyed her and my father walking off

" To mind grown folks business!"

" I hear you"

I know they wasn't bout to go get busy. That's nasty as hell. Trent and I laughed and Nova joined in as if she knew what the joke was.

I was enjoying myself but I was excited to get back home. I was starting to like Ambrosine. Having her around felt good. She would be good for me.

I hope that she was feeling well. I was trying all day to get in contact with her but we were spending some time off the resort doing other excursions.

I plan on calling her as soon as I get back.

Ambrosine Brooks

" Audi wake up!!" Chasity shook me out my sleep. I decided that it was best that I wasn't alone. She better have a good reason because I needed this nap. I was exhausted from school and work.

" Chasity what the hell" A sharp pain came to my stomach.

" You're bleeding through your clothes " I immediately jumped up running to the bathroom. Despite what the doctors were saying, it is now clear that my body could not bear carrying this child. The pain was agonizing and I felt like I was dying. I ran the shower on and got in. I was in a daze as the water ran down my body and face. I could feel myself sinking into depression.

I got dressed and headed downstairs where I found a sad looking Camila and Chasity. They had called the EMT.

" Are you okay?" Camila asked.

" It hurts so bad" I broke down in her arms. They both immediately cradled me before the EMT took over.

" It's going to be okay Audi. Let's just get you to a doctor fast. Okay?" Camilla let go of my hand.

We headed to the emergency room immediately.
I could tell that my health was only declining. I spent hours doing more tests, being stuck by needles and patiently waiting on results. I tried to call and text Saint but he didn't have service.

He began to check for my babies heartbeat and look at an ultrasound once again.

" Ms. Brooks, how many months did your primary care doctor say l are you?"

" I am three months."

" Yea that's about right."

" We just got your test results back. Your amniotic fluid that her baby depends on to get nutrients, water and protect the baby is leaking out. There is still a heartbeat but it is faint."

" I know this isn't the news you want to hear. I am very sorry."

" What does this mean?"

" There is no sign of infection in your body but I want you to stay on bed rest until things change. It may not change though Ms. Brooks. You should also abstain from any sexual activity. This is now considered a high risk pregnancy."

" High risk?"

" This can result in your baby not surviving or having a premature birth."

" Could this pregnancy harm me?"

" You are at risk of getting an infection tha could be life threatening. I am very sorry to deliver this news."

" How bad will the pain be if I was to abort the baby?" I felt my more comfortable to speak to a factor..

" Every woman is different. I am a man who's never experienced pregnancy or an abortion so I can not say. Abortion is an option on the table."

" Are you considering?" He asked me.

I didn't have a response. It felt impossible to get into contact with Saint Josiah but I felt like it was inevitable. God was calling my baby home and I was holding on so badly no matter how hard it harmed my body.

I wanted someone to call my own. I wanted to know what it felt like to have my own little family. I didn't want to lose this moment of happiness. I was holding on no matter how hard it hurt my body. My heart was still so full. I didn't want to feel empty.

I began to call Saint Josiah excessively but none of my calls were going through. I texted him but nothing delivered.

He'd be home soon but I didn't want to make a decision without him.

The doctor left out and I asked if he could let Chasity and Camilla in. I told them what had happened and the look on Camilla's face said it all.

" Ambrosine you know this is serious right?"

" I know Camilla. He said I could get a life threatening infection."

" Oh my goodness." She placed her hand on her chest.

" I don't want this for you baby girl. I don't want this pain for you. Please let me pray for you."

I nodded. She held on to my hand tightly and began to pray.

" Excuse me." She rubbed her tears away and walked out.

" She's just emotional." Chasity said.

" It's understandable. This is scary for me."

" I know. I'm so sorry." She hugged on to me.

We cried together.

I was hoping that Camilla's prayer could make everything alright.