Chapter 64 - All night

The same day
Rikers Island

Saint Josiah

" Yo Jah"

" Yo Saint, nigga what's good?" He laughed a bit

" Shit I got approved bail earlier." I was cheesing.

" Awww man so when u coming home?"

" Tomorrow."

" But aye you seen Ambrosine lately? I spoke to her and she sounded like she was crying make sure she cool. You know how she get"

" What time? Chas been looking for her"

" We spoke like two hours ago, just got the CO to give me another call" I spoke up.

" She ain't answer Chasity but I'll make sure she ain't in her feelings"

I raised a brow

" Aight man make sure she gucci tell her I love her tho, I think we got disconnected or some shit"

" Aight lover boy" Jah laughed

" You talking nigga, Chasity got you whipped."

" Neverrrrrr"

" Facts she do but aight man Ima holla at u tell Nova I love her too cuz"

" Aight be safe."

" Copy"

I hung up walking away from the phone as other inmates stood waiting to make calls.

I dapped up the CO that let me make another call and kept it pushing to my cell.

You don't know how it feel to be grown as fuck and on a bunk bed. This shit got a nigga ready to upgrade his whole bed to California King when I touch home cause this twin shit is ridiculous.

Nova getting a full sized bed off rip.

I laid out on the bed I thought was equivalent to sleeping on the floor. The walls had mold and grime on it. The lights all throughout the jail was dark except for the doctors office and even that shit was dim. I been in and out that bitch for my face and it's a shame they barely got shit to help the inmates. Straight waste of space.

Don't be a sick criminal. Your ass bound to die before you live out your sentence fucking around with these Rent-a-nurse they got.

Shawty googled how to heal a face wound.

Fuck you in this room for if you don't know how to?

I got my ass right up to look around and find some ointment and left out that bitch. She looked at me like I had three heads. I had that same face when I saw her ass scrolling on google.

I sighed. I needed to handle this mess so I could go home. I miss my momma cooking but most importantly my family in general

I feel trapped in a box but I'll never let it break me.

The next day
Chasity

The room was silenced. All that was heard was the beeping of a machine. I couldn't understand how someone could be low down.

Jah, Apryl, My mom and I were sitting in the room just watching her sleep.

She has been on all kind of medication. One known and PrEP to help with any pre exposure to HIV. I heard HIV and got scared but doctors said it's just to be safe and that they don't know if she even has it. It's a safety precaution taken for victims. They also tested her for other sexually transmitted diseases.

I prayed that the man that did this got what was coming for him. I prayed that she didn't get any disease from this but it was all a waiting game.

Apryl and my mom have been quiet but you can tell they both have been crying all night.