7. Superhero

(c) - Isobel (@BellaVanella)

"Wakey-wakey!" I felt someone poke the sides of my stomach. I groaned and open my eyes to see Elle sitting at the side of my bed. "Come on, Jane," Elle said. "Ems and Velvet are awake and out. You need to get up."

I nodded and got up. I took a shower in the cabin bathroom then changed into a green-and-black plaid shirt with white shorts and blue Keds. It was summer anyway, might as well dress to comfort. Plus, this is a camp. It's not some big, fancy New York hotel where you have to dress to impress.

"Let's go get breakfast?" Elle asked as I got out of the bathroom. "Yeah," I nodded. "Is George coming with us?" Elle shrugged so we just went on anyway.

The camp looked vibrant in the morning. There were campers swimming and canoeing in the lake, some were just talking and laughing; you'd be surprised to know that this is a rehabilitation camp. It looks nothing more than an ordinary one.

"Jane! Elle!" we both turned to see George running towards us, all dressed in summer clothes. He looked like a vacationer from Hawaii.

"Hey George," Elle and I greeted. "Are you guys heading to Breakfast?" I nodded then George joined us.

We went to the cafeteria (in the Big House) and got in the food line. Luke saw me from his spot and gave me a wink. The girl beside him, Susan, looked my way and shot me a glare. I looked down since I didn't want to start any shennanigans.

I grabbed some bacon and eggs with bread and orange juice. George, Elle and I started to go and look for a table when all of a sudden, my food went flying everywhere. My tray got shoved and I now stare at my dirty plaid shirt.

I heard laughter and looked up to see Susan, and a couple girls behind her, in all her glory. I felt all eyes on us so I just looked down in embarrassment.

"S-sorry, Vanessa," she chuckled. "Janessa," I corrected her. She rolled her eyes, and she didn't even sound sorry at all. "I hope you don't mind," she said. "It was an accident, so please don't fuss like a Drama Queen on me."

I was about to talk, but George beat me to it. "Fuck off, Susan," he said. "You did that on purpose." Susan just scoffed. "Drama Queen has a poor choice of friends too," she eyed George and Elle. "Suicidal boy and wannabe smoker."

Elle was about to step forward and do heaven-knows-what, but I managed to grab her by her arm. "So defenseless," she laughed then looked at me. "Enjoy your breakfast, Drama Queen." She looked at my shirt. "Don't forget to vomit everything out later."

Susan walked away with her bitches, leaving me, Elle and George as the center of attention. Damn, this is so embarrassing.

"Come on," Elle grabbed my arm. "Let's get you cleaned up." The three of us left the Big House after that.

George waited outside our cabin while Elle made me shower again. When I came out wearing a robe, Elle handed me a summer dress to change in.

"What the fuck was her problem," Elle said as I changed. "She just came onto you for no apparent reason." I sighed and shrugged. "Let's just forget about it," I told her and she agreed.