9. Little Cottage

(c) - Isobel (@BellaVanella)

* Isobel wrote this entire chapter. Please follow her! She's my awesome co-writer :)

"I didn't know you could play," I told George as we sat by the dock, watching the sun set with him holding a guitar. George laughed. "I can," he said. "Watch me."

He started strumming a really familiar song. My heart skipped a beat and a memory popped out in my brain. I smiled at the thought of it.

When I was nearing the end of my time in rehab, I met up with Dr. DeWinnes in her office. She had a guitar with her. We talked for a while, then she took out the guitar.

She told me it was one of her favorite Beatles songs. She said it reminds her of hope, it reminds her of me. And she said that if I was feeling down, I just need to sing the song out loud.

"Um, Jane?" George snapped his fingers. I looked at him. "What?" I asked. George laughed. "Come on," he said. "I'll play and sing-along if you know it, okay?" I nodded. He started strumming the beautiful beat.

"Here comes the sun, here comes the sun," he sang. "And I say it's all right." He kept strumming but he nudged me to sing. I sighed. "Little darling, it's been a cold lonely winter," I sang. George beamed. "Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here."

We were both laughing but George kept strumming. Ironically, we were watching the sun set. We both smiled and kept singing, even though I didn't have the best singing voice. It didn't matter, when I'm with George, I feel all right. He's my... Best Friend.

"Here comes the sun, and I say it's all right," we both sang. "It's all right. Sun, sun, sun, here it comes." We finished the song. Everything was silent, in a good way, till we heard applause.

George and I both turned to see Luke. George looked at me and winked. "I was just going back to my cabin," he got up and grabbed his guitar. "I'll see you guys later." He walked away, leaving me and Luke.

"I'm beginning to think that you and George have a thing for each other," he said. I laughed and shook my head. "We're just friends," I told Luke. He smiled. "That's good to know," he said. I gave him a questioning look. He just shrugged.

"Walk with me?" he asked. I nodded. I followed Luke as he lead me closer to the lake. "Where are we going?" I asked him. "Trust me," he said.

He dragged one of the canoes to the very end of the lake. He grabbed 2 lifejackets and tossed me one of them. I caught it and put it on myself. He got in the canoe and I followed.

Luke started paddling and I followed. I didn't really have much experience when it came to boats, canoes, or whatever but I'm trying. Luke laughed at my attempts but he said that it was nice that I tried.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked again. "I found this place on the 3rd day of camp," Luke answered. "I was canoeing and checking the forest out when I saw it. I sort of cleaned it up and now, it's my hideout." I laughed.

"You're not going to murder me in your hideout, are you?" I teased. Luke smirked and shook his head. "No," he shook his head. "It should be crime to murder pretty girls. I like you too much to murder you." I chuckled and kept on paddling.

Luke likes me too much? No one has ever liked me before, so maybe this was just some joke. Maybe he meant that he likes me as a friend, nothing more. I sighed and dropped it.

"We're here," Luke said. I turned back to see that the camp was on the other side of the lake. He wrapped his arms around me. "Just stay close to me, okay?"