24. Settle Down

(c) - Isobel (@BellaVanella)

* I feel like Bella is underappreciated. You guys should follow her! You know this story won't be possible without her!

There was no sign of Luke throughout the day. I was going to hang-out with the other girls but they had other plans. Ems and Calum were going to hang-out, so were Ashton and Velvet.

I was going to give up and just hang-out with Olivia in the infirmary when Elle insisted that I third-wheel on her and Michael. I turned it down at first but after 10 minutes of nagging, I gave in.

That explains why I'm here in the lake side, staring at the sunset while Michael and Elle were cuddling the life out of each other.

"You guys are cute," I blurted out. Michael and Elle looked at each other then smiled. "Thank you, Jane," Elle beamed. "It's nice to know that there's at least one person who thinks Michael and I are cute." The three of us laughed.

"I love you," I heard Michael whisper to Elle. "I love you too," she whispered back and pecked him on the lips. "Still here guys," I raised my hands. Elle smiled and playfully rolled her eyes. "You're the best third-wheel ever, Jane," she teased and I smirked.

"So," Elle pulled away from Michael and sat up. "What are your plans after the summer? Seeing as we only have a month here left." I sighed. "I'm going to Amsterdam to study," I told her. "Bye, bye, America."

"Well," Elle spoke up. "It's hello America for me, then hello Sydney after one term." Michael wrapped his arms around Elle. "What about you, Mike?" I asked him.

"Um," Michael sighed. "I got expelled from my old university, so I'm trying my luck in Sydney Community College. I'm studying video game design." I nodded. "That's good," I beamed. "I bet you'll design some kick-ass flappy bird game!"

Michael chuckled. "Thanks, Jane," he said. "And maybe after designing a kick-ass flappy bird game, as you would call it, I'll wait a few years and I'll think of settling down..." He looked at Elle who was also looking at him lovingly.

It was actually really cute that Michael and Elle were already talking about the future. Long Distance won't seem to affect them. They look so happy and in-love. If they do break up, I hope not, it would be hard to imagine what one another would be like.

"So," Michael said. "What kind of wedding do you want, Elle?" Elle blushed and smiled. "Let's get married in some awesome garden," she said. "and the catering should be American food. The wedding colors should be white, blue and red." Michael laughed. "And our honeymoon should be in Hawaii!" Michael nodded. "The bride wants it, the bride gets it," he winked and Elle smiled.

"Then I want a boy," Michael blurted out. Elle and I looked at him. "Huh?" Elle let out. "Well," Michael scratched his neck. "We already agreed on the wedding. How about our little family?"

Elle laughed. "Yes!" Elle cheered. "We can have a son, and we'll name him William!" Michael and I looked at each other then Elle. "Why William?" I asked. Elle shrugged. "It's an American name," Elle said. "I like William!"

"It sounds more of a British name actually," I pointed put. "But whatever floats your boat, Elle." Elle smiled. "If his name is going to be William," Michael said. "I want the second name to be Mason! Don't ask." Elle and I both nodded.

"William Mason Clifford," Elle said. "I like it." Michael smiled and kissed the side of Elle's head. "I'm glad you do," he beamed. "Then we should make Luke and Jane Will's godparents." My eyes widened but I smiled. "I'd be honored," I told her.