28. Beautiful

(c) - Isobel (@BellaVanella)

I woke up, realizing that someone was shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw that it was Elle with a panicked look on her face. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I had a bad day and this wasn't really the best way to start the morning either.

"Jane," she said. "Come on. Get up now. Put some shoes on. Hurry." Elle was still in her pajamas too but we both ran out of the infirmary. "Where are we going?" I asked her. "Just follow me," she ordered.

I followed her and we ran to the lake area nearest to Cabin #5. There was a crowd gathering and we both pushed our way into it. I don't know what the heck is going on, but I just followed Elle anyway.

I gasped when I saw what I had to. Luke and George were shoving and punching each other. George had a black eye but Luke looked like he was barely beaten.

I was about to step forward when Elle grabbed me. "No," she said. "It's too dangerous." Michael appeared behind us. He hugged me and kissed Elle's forehead. "Luke's gone mad," Michael said. "He's been looking for you but George told him to fuck off and went berserk."

Screw it. I got out of Elle's grip and ran in between George and Luke. Elle screamed my name but I ignored her. I can't stand people fighting because of me. I find it very unreasonable.

"STOP IT!" I screamed, trying my best to separate Luke and George. "STOP IT! STOP IT!" I looked at George and saw that his lip was cut and he had a bruise forming around his left eye. "J-Jane," I heard Luke let out. I turned to him with a glum expression.

Luke had bags under his puffy, red eyes. He looked exhausted and he sleepless. There was blood dripping on the side of his mouth. George must've given him a good punch as well.

I fought the urge of hugging him, so I turned to George. "Let's get you to Olivia," I told him, grabbing his forearm gently. "Jane, please," Luke called out and I stopped walking. "Go talk to that bastard," George said. "Elle and Michael will take me. Just tell him to fuck off."

I hesitated but nodded. George let himself be dragged by Michael and Elle. Slowly, I turned to Luke. He approached me with caution and I just stayed frozen with my death glare. If looks could kill, Luke would be dead by now.

"We need to talk about this," he croaked. "There's nothing to talk about," I said stiffly. "I'm not good enough. It was too good to be true. Let's break-up officially. Susan would want that. Congratulations. I'm happy for both of you."

I felt like crying again so I turned and started to walk away, but Luke just followed grabbed my wrist. I was forced to turn and look at him, but refusing the eye-to-eye contact.

"I don't want Susan," he said. "I want you. I love you." I shook my head and stared at my feet. "You slept with her," I spoke. "If you loved me enough, you could've just... forget it, Luke. It's really over. Go and be with her. She can satisfy you to the level that I never could."

"Janey, please," Luke cupped my cheeks and forced eye contact. "Please listen to me. I didn't sleep with her. Yes, I went to her cabin. We kissed and she did what she did, but I didn't have sex with her. I left her cabin after I realized what I did but I guess I was too drunk. I fell asleep by the lake."

"How is that supposed to make me feel better?!" I snapped at him. "She kissed you, she sucked your fücking penįs and you know what, you let her do all those shit anyway!"

Luke nodded his head vigorously. "I know," he reasoned out. "And I regret it. I was stupid and drunk but with you by my side, I know we can work this---"