18. Lake Fall

(c) - Isobel (@BellaVanella)

"So you, Elle, Michael and Calum are planning a party for me and Ashton?" Luke asked as we hung out in the cottage. My eyes widened at his question. "How the heck did you-" he didn't let me finish with his laughter. "Michael's not the best at keeping secrets," he chuckled. "I heard him and Elle talk about party decorations."

I sighed and shook my head. "Thank you though," he pecked me on my lips. "You're doing this for me, and Ash." I nodded. "I got you a present," I told him. "Really?" he seemed surprised. "Jane, you didn't have to."

"I know," I smiled. "But I wanted to." He chuckled. "What did you get me?" he asked. "I'm not telling you," I told him. "I have 2 gifts actually." He raised an eyebrow. "Really?" he questioned. I nodded and he laughed. "Thank you, babe," he kissed my cheek and we continued to lay on the air mattress.

"Can we meet up after lights out this Wednesday?" he requested. "I want us to spend the night here a night before my Birthday since, you know, it's on Thursday. I want to wake up seeing your beautiful face." I smiled. "Whatever you want, Luke," I told him. "It's your Birthday. I want it to be all about you."

We stayed in the cottage till dinner time. That's when we canoed our way back to camp to join the others for dinner in the Big House. Calum and Elle were whispering to each other while Michael was distracting Ashton, so he couldn't hear what they were talking about. I'm sure it had something to do with the party.

"So make sure you get as much beer as possible. I'm sure--- Hey Luke! Hey Jane!" Calum smiled so big, it was creepy. "W-we were just talking about b-beer smuggling in camp!" He was bluffing. Luke rolled his eyes.

"Cal," he sighed. "I know you guys are planning a party for me and Ashton." Calum looked at me. "You told him?" he asked. I shook my head. "I heard Michael and Elle talking about party decor the other day," Luke explained. "I was sure it had something to do with me turning 19 this Thursday and Ashton turning 21 four days ago."

Calum groaned. "Mikey! Elle, you guys weren't aware that Luke was around when you were talking?!" he snapped. Michael and Elle shrugged. "Great," he sighed. "Our cover is blown." Ashton laughed.

"Thank you though," Ashton beamed. "You guys are exerting effort for me and Luke." Calum, Michael, Elle and I had proud smiles at what we were going to do. "Come on," Luke grabbed my hand. "Let's go get some dinner." I nodded and followed Luke.

As Luke and I lined up, I noticed that George entered and joined the line as well. I smiled at the sight of him, but he looked really down. I wonder what was up. I haven't spoken to him in a while.

"George!" I beamed. "Nice to see you!" George looked startled when he saw me and Luke. "Hey man," Luke greeted. "Um," George looked at his shoes. "Hey Jane, Hey Luke." I smiled. "How are you?" I asked. "Okay," George answered then looked around. "I'm going to go now. Bye!"

Before I could say anything else, George walked out of the line. He's really avoiding us to the next level and I don't know what's wrong. It really bothers me that George is not letting me in. I don't like the feeling of knowing that I can't help him.

I sighed. "What's wrong with him?" Luke asked. "Did you fight?" I shook my head. "He's just avoiding me and Elle," I told Luke. "I don't know why." Luke gave me a sad smile. "Do you want me to talk some sense into him?" he asked. "Because he's making you sad. I hate seeing you sad. I swear, I'll--"

I cut Luke off by pressing my lips against his. Luke slid his tongue inside my mouth and the tonsil hockey thing began. It was weird though, making out in-front of everyone in the cafeteria. But I didn't care, Luke was mine.