42. Tree

(c) - isobel (@bellavanella)

* i'd recommend you guys listen to adele's "make you feel my love" when you read this :)

* or i also recommend the glee version, since it was beautifully done and you could deffo. feel the emotion

"Jane," I felt someone rub my shoulder. "Come on, wake up. It's memorial day." I sighed and got up. Elle gave me a small smile and held out a black dress. "It's from Velvet," she said. "She wants you to wear it."

"Thanks," I told her as I took the dress. Elle smiled and gave me a hug. "It's all going to be okay," she said before pulling away. I nodded and went inside the bathroom.

I took a shower, feeling numb. I was doing nothing, but staring at the wall. After a while, I stepped out of the shower and fixed myself. I put on the black dress and got out of the bathroom.

Ems, Velvet and Elle were also there, clad in black. I gave them a small smile before the 4 of us stepped out of the cabin, to the place where George's memorial tree was going to be planted.

I was surprised to see a lot of people. The Johnsons were there, Ashton, Michael, Calum, Luke, and the other campers. I sighed and made my way towards them.

"Alright, good morning everyone," Director Daze said. "So this is a memorial for one of the campers, George Johnson. On the 9th of August, he passed away. He was 18 years old, but he has made a big impact on many lives. It's really breaking to know that he is gone, but his memory must live on in our hearts and in this camp." She pointed at the tree. "This is in his memory," she went on. "So before I declare. Would anyone want to speak about this good man?"

Elle raised her hand. Director Daze nodded for her to stand in-front of the tree. "Hello everyone," Elle chuckled slightly (but it sounded more like a cry). "My name is Elle Hood, and George is one of my best mates."

"Before the incident, George made a bucket list," she started. "We did with him and he declared it as the best weekened ever. I didn't expect, the next day, we'd find him in his cabin overdosed in pills and a week later, gone. George is an amazing friend and his memory will love on." She looked at the tree. "Plus," she let out a watery laugh. "Michael and I made a promise to him anyway. We intend to keep it. We love you, George."

Elle finished her speech. I gave her a hug and felt her sob on my shoulder. I patted her back and she pulled away, going to Michael. Michael gave me a sad smile and began comforting his grieving girlfriend.

"Anyone else?" Director Daze asked. Calum raised his hand. "Alright," she said. "You're up next, Calum Hood." Ashton stepped forward. "I'm next," he said.

Calum went on, followed by Ashton then Velvet, then Ems, then Michael and so on. It made wonder, why did people start talking good when a person good? It feels like there's so much more after George was gone. People only acknowledged who he truly was after he was gone. It was really pathetic. Maybe if we showed George how much he meant to us, he could've stayed.

"Hi everyone, my name is Luke Hemmings," I heard Luke say which caused me to look up. He was dressed in a black shirt, black skinny jeans and vans, styled in all his glory. But that wasn't the point, I was surprised. Why would he want to talk about George? "I'm here to talk about how George changed my life." Well, duh.