45. Help

(c) - isobel (@bellavanella)

* 1st of the last 4 chapters of swan lake

I didn't know where I was but, from all the blurry shapes, I could see a white background and smudges that looked like heads. Maybe I was hallucinating, I don't know. The place was pretty twisted.

Then I started hearing voices. Emmy, I heard someone say. Only my Dad called me Emmy, but he was in New York so it was impossible.

My eyelids were feeling lighter and I felt like I could lift them now, so I did. That's when I saw everything clear. The white background was a white wall and the head smudges, were really heads.

"She's awake!" To my surprise, my Mom was here. "Camden, call the doctor! She's awake." I tried to sit up, when I realized that there were nasal tubes stuck on my nose and a dextrouse on my left hand.

"Easy, Janessa," Mom held out my hand. "You lost a lot of blood. Don't move up so fast." I shook my head. "M-Mom?" I croaked out. "W-what are you doing here? W-what am I doing here?"

Mom looked at me and she suddenly burst into tears. "You don't remember?" she sniffled. "Oh, Janey! It was horrible. Your Dad and I freaked out when we got a call from Director Daze, saying they rushed you to the hospital."

"Apparently, your friend, Elle, saw your note and knew what you were up to," Mom explained sadly. "They found you in the bathroom floor, unconscious. They called for help and that friend of yours, Luke, brought you to the hospital with Nurse Clark."

It hit me. My plan failed. I didn't die. I was and am still alive. I don't know how to feel about this and right now, I don't like the fact that there were tubes and wires all over me.

"You lost so much blood," Mom went on. "But you and Elle have the same blood type so she and her twin donated some for you. What great friends you've made here, Jane. They really care about you."

"Where are they now?" I asked. "Elle, her twin and her boyfriend are in the cafeteria," Mom answered. "And this Luke boy," she nudged her head and I saw Luke asleep on the couch. "He never leaves."

I shook my head. "How long was I out?" I asked. "2 days," Mom answered. "We arrived here yesterday. We got the next flight possible to Sydney the moment we heard the news." I nodded.

Mom glanced at Luke. "He's pretty cute, you know," she smiled. "He seems to care about you a lot." I rolled my eyes. "Mom," I sighed. "Can we talk about boys later, not when I'm wired in this hospital bed?"

Mom chuckled and nodded. "Sorry, Jane," she said. "I'm just glad that you're okay. Do you want to get some more rest?" I nodded. "Alright," Mom said. "I'll go get a Doctor, okay?"

Mom kissed my forehead and left the room. I glanced at Luke, who was fast asleep on the couch. He brought me here and I'm sort of alive because of him. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I wiped it away. I didn't want to cry anymore, for many obvious reasons.

The door opened and immediately, everyone's eyes widened when they saw me. Ems, Elle and Velvet rushed over and gave me a bear hug. With all the strength that I had, I hugged back.

We stayed that way for a few more seconds before pulling away. Elle started crying and Michael rushed in to comfort her. Ashton slowly approached me and gave me a gentle hug.

"You gave us quite a scare back there," he said. "But we're glad that you're okay." I shook my head. "Why'd you guys do it?" I asked them. "Why'd you save me?"