CHAPTER FOUR [edited]

3RD PERSON POV

Areum sat on the chair beside Taehyung's hospital bed. She let go a shaky breath and stared at the fragile figure of her best friend.

Moist formed and disappeared inside his oxygen mask as he breathed out and in.
His eyes were closed and in first time in many years she realised that his expression was calm and soothing, like he was relaxed.

She took hold of his hand and made circle at the back of his hand with her thumb. She gulped to keep back the cotton ball that seemed to be stuffed in her throat.

"They don't care Tae" she said. She brushed his hair away from his forehead and smiled,"But you don't worry"

The sound of the opening door made her turn around and look at the nurse.
"I'm sorry Ms.Kim but visiting hours are over" she said.

Areum looked back at Taehyung and softly pecked his cheek and walked out of the room.

She went out of the hospital building and the cold wind went cutting her through the layers of clothes like sharp daggers.

Her hands went numb and she rubbed them together. Then a thought occurred her and she looked at her reddened hands with a rueful expression.

She had forgotten her gloves again.

***

BACK AT THE DORM

BTS sat silently in the living room. There was no noise in the whole house. It was dead silent.

Jungkook got up and paced around the room with a serious expression.
"Now that Jackass met an accident" he grumbled but his voice had a concern edge,"That means we have to take more care of him"

"Arghh !! Who told him to leave" moaned Jimin.
"I would have been the happiest person on the damned earth if he would have died" said Yoongi but his voice was caught and he coughed to cover it up.

Seokjin was standing in the kitchen with a knife in his hand. He brought it down and a sound of cutting went piercing through the house.

He sighed as he finished cutting the onions and threw them in wok and sautéed them.
"Now what will happen" he mumbled to himself," PDnim is already into his angry fits"

He finished cooking and placed the food on the dining table and called for the boys.
The gathered and sat on their chairs as Seokjin placed the dishes in front of them.

After placing them he sat between Hoseok and Jungkook. All the boys looked at him with a worried expression.

"WHAT!?" He snapped.
"Hyung Taehyung is not joining us, You don't need to place his plate"said Jimin and nodded at the extra empty plate placed symmetrical in front of the empty chair.

Seokjin stared at it and then chuckled to hid his emotions,"Made a mistake, sorry"
"It's okay, let's continue" said Namjoon.

They stared at the food in their plates but didn't start eating it. There was something missing.
Someone saying 'Bon appetite' before they started.

Emotions swelled up in Jimin's chest and he felt like someone was grabbing his wind pipe and was crushing it.

"Excuse me" he said and got up,"I'm not hungry"
He left the table and went to his room with tears on the verge of falling from his eyes.

"I'm sorry Taehyung" he said to himself. The words of Areum were still ringing in his mind like a stuck tape recorder.

"Jimin please leave him alone from now on"

The left out boys ate the food with a half heart. Jungkook accidentally tried to grab his juice with his chopsticks but no one was in the condition to laugh at it, actually they didn't even notice it.

"I'll go and wash the dishes" said Hoseok as he grabbed the plates from the tables and kept them in the sink.

He turned the tap and water came flowing from the faucet. He took the bottle of dish cleaner soap and squeezed it on the sponge.

He rubbed the sponge against the plates and a bubble formed in the process and floated idly in front of Hoseok. He stared at it in the twilight.

He watched at his distorted reflection in the bubble as light colour of rainbow swan in it. Then suddenly the bubble popped and so did the emotions in Hoseok's mind.

Tears came steaming down his cheeks.

A flashback came into his mind.

• FLASHBACK •

Hoseok was standing in front of wash basin and cleaned the dishes. Taehyung was sitting on the counter beside him, was a cheerful grin dancing on his lips and his eyes shining energetically like someone just told him a joke.

Hoseok was kinda irritated that Taehyung was bothering him constantly and talked without stopping. But he didn't know why, why he liked Taehyung near him.

Hoseok smiled to himself and rubbed the sponge against the bowl and a bubble was born and floated away.

It idly floated to Taehyung's face and he stared at it with his smile gone and eye blank. Hoseok always wondered that how his moods changed so quickly.

Like for a second he was happy and cheeky and the other he was all serious.

Taehyung was about to touch the bubble but before that it popped and the soap went in his eyes. He hissed and started rubbing his eyes violently.

Hoseok giggled at him because he looked like a little child. Taehyung looked at him with his eyes as red as that of vampire's and smiled at him.

• END OF FLASHBACK •

He chuckled to himself between he tears and stared at the water as it flowed down the faucet.

He grimaced and cut the water supply and walked to his room, leaving the dishes undone.

He was crossed Yoongi's studio and door was the ajar. He peeked through it and saw Yoongi sitting in front of his computer and his finger was only clicking the 'V' key.

He pursed his lips together and ran to his room. He shut close the door and slide down against it and letting the emotions flow out.

He glanced at his roommate Jimin. He was laying on the bed with he eyes blankly staring at ceiling.

He arm was hanging down from the bed and the only sign that he was living was the slow moment of his chest going up and down.

"We are so cruel" he whispered half to himself, half to Hoseok.