CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

EUNSUH POV

Taehyung remained stubbornly silent the whole ride home. The only thing he asked me was which turn to take at the traffic lights.

The car halted in front of my house and I got off. I opened the garage so that Taehyung could park the car inside.

Then I went inside the cozy atmosphere. My husband is out of danger and Jungkook is here too. Those two things helped me calm down.

Taehyung entered a moment later and  tossed the keys on the coffee table.
"Mrs.Jeon you should upstairs and rest" Taehyung said as he both stood in the living room.

"Thank you for everything Taehyung" I said and kept my hand on his shoulder.
"Don't be" He simply said.

I couldn't help but smile at him. Gently, I placed my lips on his forehead and murmured a 'bless you'.

Taehyung stood silent as I walked to my room. I entered to find it in the same condition I left it in.

I laid on the bed and sighed. My eyelids were becoming heavy and my head was throbbing from pain.

I massaged my temples and groaned. The pain killers were downstairs and I was in no condition to bring them.

And I didn't wanted to make Taehyung feel like he was my personal servant or something.

Before I could pull myself out from the bed, a sharp knock echoed through the door.

I sat straighter and said,"Yes?"
Taehyung's red haired head peeked through the crack.

"Ah-actually-well-sorry-um" He stuttered and the banged his head slightly at the door to gain back focus.

"Sorry to disturb Mrs.Jeon" He said,"But I brought pain killers if you want"

"Oh you are an angel Taehyung" I cooed as he walked in and passed me the medicine with a glass of lukewarm water.

"Thank you dear" I said. He passed a small smile and said,"Coffee or anything like that"

"No Taehyung" I shook my head,"You have done enough"
"Okay then" He said,"I will be downstairs...um call me if you want something"

He walked out of the room and shut the door gently and for a moment I could hear him hum some kind of music and then he voice faded away.

"Such a darling" I whispered to myself and then let dream engulf me.

***

TAEHYUNG POV

I flopped myself on the couch and groaned. My poor legs were burning with lactic acids. Well now I kinda regret the decision of running all the way to the hospital.

How would a sitting in the traffic for a few minutes would have hurt me.
"My life is a hellhole" I murmured as I massaged my left leg to get the pain out but it was no help.

And if I took pain killers, Areum will either lash me badly or rip off my legs to minus the pain forever.

I sighed as my head connected with the arm rest of the couch. I was trembling with exertion.

Now that I think of it, I haven't slept nicely for two days straight. I wanted to sleep but the burning pain in my legs was making it impossible.

"Damn my life" I whispered as I rubbed my eyes and tried to shut every things out for some moments.

Slowly as my body got habitual to the the pain, fatigue consumed me and the next thing I knew was that my eyes were closing.

***
JUNGKOOK POV

I sat beside my Dad with his hand in my own. I whimpered softly as I examined all the injuries.

Doctor said that it was nothing serious. That there was no major damage to his vital organs.

He only fractured his left arm and a few cuts here and there. I sighed and closed my eyes to relax myself for a moment.

I haven't slept and I was dead tired. And all of my hyungs were as well. We all were up last night. No body could blink their eyes to sleep.

Guilt is so overwhelming.

The door creaked open and Seokjin hyung came inside.
"Jungkook" he whispered,"Visiting hours are over. Shall we go home to check on your mother?"

"Okay hyung" I said and kissed the top of my father's hand and said,"Appa I will come tomorrow and by then you will be well"

Seokjin hyung smiled at me before both of us left the room. All the others were waiting for us.

"We will go to Jungkookie's house" Cheered Hoseok hyung and I chuckled at his cuteness.

"Yup let's go" I said and we walked out into the winter air. Dusk had fallen, leaving everything in the hues of orange and red.

Namjoon hyung insisted that we walk in the fresh air cause we needed it and no one disagreed.

My house was not that far away so we could walk there without getting tired.

I drew in deep breaths to calm my nervous system. After some time we were standing in the front porch of my house.

I clicked in the keys and walked inside. The first thing that hit me was the smell of lamb skewer.

We all walked inside to see my mother cooking in the kitchen and Taehyung sleeping on the couch.

Taehyung was cuddled into my favourite black blanket. I never ever let anyone use that blanket because my dad gifted it to me when I was little.

But I calmed down when Taehyung's head disappeared under it as he tried to shut the little noises we made.

I went to my Eomma and smiled at her.
"How is your dad?" She asked.
"He is fine now" I said and looked of over my shoulder as everyone settled themsleves and Seokjin hyung hyung came to help Eomma.

"Taehyung was supposed to take care of you" Snickered Seokjin hyung.
"Oh he did that quite well" Assured my mother,"He fell asleep after that"

"Boys I guess you should eat your dinner and sleep" My mother said with a worried voice,"You all look like Zombies"

"Not me!!" Exclaimed Seokjin hyung and did a dramatic gasp,"I am supposed to be worldwide handsome"

"Well then you better take rest if you want to remain worldwide handsome" Smiled my mother.

"She is right!" Yoongi hyung sneered and all the other laughed.

"Wake up Taehyung and come have your dinner" My mother told me.
"Okay Eomma" I said and went up to my sleeping hyung.

"Boys dinner" My mother called and all the boys left to seat at the dinning table leaving me alone.

I sat at the edge of the couch and a shook Taehyung's leg and said,"Wake up Hyung"
Taehyung groaned and curled inside the blanket.

"Wake up Hyung" I said,"Dinner is ready"
"Lemme sleep" He moaned.

"Eat first" I said and pulled away the blanket from him.
"Jungkook! !" He yelled and opened his bloodshot eyes,"I said lemme sleep"

"My house. My rules" I said and he groaned.
"Then I better book a hotel" He murmured softly but got up nevertheless.

We went to the dinning table and sat down. Everyone remained silent, the only sound was that of the cutlery and a few muffled yawns from Yoongi and Taehyung.

After everybody was done. Me and Seokjin hyung dumped the dishes in the sink.

My mother assigned us our sleeping places. It was me and Taehyung? And Jimin in my room. Seokjin hyung with  Namjoon in the guest room. Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung on the couches.

"I am not going to sleep in the middle" I announced as Taehyung and Jimin flopped themselves at the sides.
"In the middle or on the floor" Said Taehyung as he closed his eyes. I laid in the middle.