CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

The seven boys were right now walking on the footpath to reach Taehyung's family vacation house.

The boys dragged their suitcases behind them as they tiredly walked to the place.
"Guys remember when we came to Hawaii before" Said Hoseok energetically.

"Yeah.. They were such good memories" Added Seokjin. Taehyung who was walking in the front suddenly spoke in a childish and happy voice.

"Yeah guys I remember too. You made me step on a sea urchin and then I had to drag myself to hospital on my own. Really, they were amazing memories I never wanna forget"

Boys realized the sarcasm dripping from his voice which made their eyes and heart string. Taehyung mumbled a 'Bastards' but the boys heard it and it crushed their hearts more.

The house was now visible to them and a gasp of awe left their lips.

"Is it supposed to be a vacation house?" Asked Jungkook to Jimin,"Or a place a person lives forever?"

"He is richer than we knew" Was all Jimin said and followed Taehyung as the male unlocked the door and walked inside.

He threw his Gucci bag against the wall and pulled away all the white sheets over the furniture to prevent them from dust.

"Haven't came here for long" Said Taehyung while putting the sheets away,"So you maybe have to clean it"

"I'll do it" Said Seokjin.

"Hmm" Taehyung said and got up. He pointed to the stairs and said with a doubt,"There are probably three rooms here. You can share them, I'll sleep on the couch"

"It's okay Taehyung" Yoongi said,"You can take the room with me and Hoseok"
"You two on the couches then" Taehyung said and walked upstairs.

"Oh and one more thing" Taehyung said coming a few steps down so that he was visible,"There is no grocery. You can buy it or order a take out. The pamphlets are probably in that drawer"

Before the boys could respond, Taehyung had already left.
"What a beautiful beginning" Said Jimin as he flopped on the couch.

"Give him some time guys" assured Namjoon as he sat down with him,"He has the right to be that way"

"Hmm" Jungkook said and became a little jumpy.
"What happened Jungkook?" Asked Seokjin when he saw the condition of the younger.

"Hyung I want to pee" Jungkook said and went red,"Where is the washroom?"

"I dunno" Seokjin shrugged,"Go ask Taehyung"
"Okay" Jungkook said and raced upstairs.

"This Maknae" Yoongi said while shaking his head.

Jungkook went to every room and opened it. He opened the last door and saw Taehyung sitting on the bed and staring at the wall with a blank expression.

He lifted his face and looked at Jungkook with tired eyes.
"Hey" He said in a tired voice,"Thank for not telling the members that I called"
"Don't be hyung" Said Jungkook on the verge of tears.

He held them back and walked inside. Jungkook quietly asked,"Hyung Where is the washroom?"
"There is one in every room" Taehyung said as he looked at the younger with dead eyes.

"Oh okay" Jungkook said,"Can I use this one?"
"You don't need to ask" Taehyung said with a shrug of a shoulder.

"And hyung" Jungkook began.
"Deal with you business first" Taehyung spat,"We can talk afterwards"

"Oh okay" Jungkook said and went inside the marble stunned washroom. Jungkook quickly finished up what he was there for and then washed his hands.

He came out and stared at Taehyung for a long time and then said,"Hyung thanks for coming"
"I didn't wanted to though" Taehyung honestly answered,"I was here just cause my brother told me to"

"I see" Jungkook said while nodding,"You are going to sleep?"
"I was sleeping in the whole flight. So no" Taehyung answered.

Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek, trying to get the awkwardness in the atmosphere off.

"Okay so I'll leave you alone" Jungkook meekly said and made his way outside the room. He was half expecting Taehyung to stop him but the older just stared as Jungkook closed the door behind him.

"JUNGKOOK DID YOU DECIDED TO SLEEP IN THE WASHROOM!?" He heard Yoongi yell,"COME DOWN!! I AM NOT GONNA CLEAN THIS HOUSE ALL ALONE!"

Jungkook sighed softly and made his way downstairs.

"Where were you!?" Yoongi asked as he did vacuum cleaning.
"The bathroom was too good. So I was stuck admiring it"

"Idiot" was all Yoongi had said.

Jungkook cleaned the house while Yoongi was busy with the kitchen. The Maknae felt like a dead body being dragged here and there. His emotions were raw and were clawing in his chest, in the temptation to be released.

Jungkook being arrogant and stubborn was determined to only release them in the arms of Taehyung. He knew that he would be dying when this day will come but there was nothing wrong in having hope right.

When The Pandora jar was opened every feeling had escaped it but the last thing left was Hope. It stayed there forever.

But Jungkook probably didn't knew that Hope can too be a deceptive expectation.

Expectation which was sure to either come true or to crush him beyond repair. Taehyung knew that he was crushed enough but Jungkook was still standing solid yet vulnerable.

***

--Unedited--
--double update, cause I am in gud mood--