CHAPTER SIXTEEN

AREUM POV

Taehyung fell asleep after crying for good three hours. I sighed as I played with his soft hair and let the silence wrap a comforting blanket around me.

After sometime, I slowly got up from the couch and let Taehyung cuddle into a blanket instead. My head was spinning badly from pain and my heart was so heavy that I was sure that it may drop off my chest.

I went to my room with quick yet silent steps and grabbed my phone. I dialled the first number in my recents and waited until the person picked it up.

"Hello?" Spoke a sleepy voice.
"Hey ,How are you Mark" I said with a worn out voice.
"I am Fine, Areum" My Manager replied,"But you don't sound too good"
"Yeah" I said and massaged my forehead,"I can't come for doing the photshoot for The Vogue"

"Hmm Is it your health or Taehyung ??" He asked in a worried yet calm voice.
"Taehyung" I answered.
"I understand Areum" He said,"Just Take care of him. And I guess I need to hear a few things from manager of Vogue"

"I am sorry Mark" I said in a miserable voice.
"Don't be" He assured,"I care for him as much as you do. So it's okay"
"Thanks Mark" I said,"You are the best Manager ever"
"Hehehe That I know" He joked and then hung up.

(A/N, So Guys did I mentioned Areum's manager before ?? If I did then pls tell me the name I mentioned becoz I can't find it. So I doubt that I mentioned it or not. Otherwise if not, Then his name is Mark. Thanks ^^)

I threw the phone on the bed and went to take a quick shower. The warm water came pouring on my body, instantly soothing my muscles.

After a good shower and dressing into a black pjs and a oversized baby blue sweater, I walked out to the kitchen to cook breakfast for both of us.

I cooked Taehyung's favourite Pokemon Pancakes, if he still liked them. And fresh orange juice.

"Areum??" I heard the deep sleepy voice.
"Yes TaeTae" I said turning around with a smile. Taehyung stood bare feet while rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Are you making Pancakes??" He asked.
"Yup" I agreed while waving the spatula in front of him. He made his way to me and flash a smile.

But still years of constant stress and hatred had robbed away the natural shine in his smile. But I am determined to polish it again.

"Pokemon??" He asked with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.
"Yes Pabo" I said and he ruffled my hair.
"Ma Best sister" He said and sat on the counter while sipping the orange juice. I cooked him fresh pancakes and he ate them while sitting on the counter. And making airplane bites for me to eat.

"Ah satisfied !!" Taehyung said patting his stomach,"Lemme wash the dishes for you"
"Taehyung" I said,"You are supposed to wash them"

Taehyung faked a grunt and got up and washed the dishes carefully. I sat calmly on couch, watching the television. I could hear Taehyung singing while he washed the dishes.

I lowered down the volume of the television so that his voice was filling the space of the house.

Satisfaction was running through my bones as I relaxed back into the couch. His deep voice was enough to calm anyone. Actually I don't know why you should have chemotherapy, just listen to Taehyung's voice. It is a cure of soul in itself.