CHAPTER EIGHT

JUNGKOOK POV

I Never stopped to take a breath until I reached the Hospital lobby.
The members looked at me with wide eyes.

My legs were burning and my elbow was stinging cause I had bumped it into the wall while running.

"What happened Kook, Is Taehyung okay?" Asked Seokjin as he held my shoulder.

I shook head and said,"Trust me in this one Hyung, Two of you go to Areum's place and call me when you do. Jimin Hyung you are coming with me. And the two left stay here."

"But why-" started Jimin but I grabbed his arm and dragged him with me.
"No ifs. No buts. Do as I say" I said and pulled Jimin into a run.

We exited the hospital into the cold dusk hours.
"Hail a taxi" I ordered Jimin and brought out my phone. I dailed the number with numb fingers and brought it to my ear.

Many rings went echoing in my ear.
"Pick the phone damn it" I cursed and tried again.
"The Phone you are trying to reach is currently either switched off or unreachable" said the electric female voice into my ear.

"No" I said and Jimin called me into the Taxi.
"To where sir" asked the driver.
"BigHit entertainment, as fast as possible and I'll pay you double" I said and Jimin looked at me with a surprised expression.

The driver understood the urgency in my voice and didn't waste a minute to hit the gas and zoom past the city.

"What is going on" Asked Jimin.
"Jimin, Taehyung gave his resign letter to Bang pdnim. He is due to sign it at 7:00" I said,"We need to stop him before he does"

Jimin's jaws dropped and then he looked at his watch and cursed.
He turned to the driver and said,"I'll give you a tip you'll never forget. But just take us there before the clock strikes seven"
"You wish is my command" he said and increased the speed.

"Please we be on time" I wished and clutched my fists.

***
SEOKJIN POV

Jungkook left us all in a confused state for sometime.
"What happened to him all of a sudden" asked Hoseok and looked at me.
"I guess we should stay put" said Yoongi and Namjoon agreed to him.

"No" I said and turned to them,"I have never seen Jungkook so commanding like this before. There has to be something and I guess we should do as he says"

The boys looked at us uneasily.
"But even if we do as he says, how on Earth are we supposed to find where Areum lives" Stated Yoongi while crossing his legs like a mafia boss in action.

"I have her number" I said and opened the contacts on my phone.
"How come?" asked Hoseok.

"She did our photoshoot once and there I took her number, but then forgot" I said and dailed her number.

It took some rings before she picked it up.
"Hello" she said in a tired voice.
"Hello Areum-" I started but she cut me off by saying.
"Meet me at the coffee tree cafe" she said and hung up.

I was awestruck by the strictness in her voice. A voice that determines that the person has gone through so much that even dead can't break them.

"Who is coming with me?" I asked.
"Me and Hoseok will stay here" said Yoongi and flipped through the magazine he had picked up from the table.

"So that means I am joining you" said Namjoon.

I gave him a nod and we both walked outside.

My gut was telling me that whatever I was going to hear. Will shake me to my core, just like it did to Jungkook.

***

MARIA POV

I stood in the room and stared at him as he slept under the influence of the tranquilizer.

My hand was still pressed against his mouth. I remember the questioning look he gave me when the drug acted up on him.

The feeling of his lips turn up into a soft smile against my hand as I whispered into his ears, was still tingling into my hand.

I removed my hand slowly as if I was scared to wake him up.
"So helpless" I whispered to myself.

I grabbed to other syringe from the tray and filled it with the clear liquid.

I walked to the glucose bag as it hung motionlessly on it's stand. The pipe connected to it was professionally driven into the back of his hand.

I jammed the syringe into the bag and pushed the plunger. The liquid went rushing through to syringe into the bag.

I sighed when I pulled it out. Vitamins and minerals and tranquilizer and pain killers, were all the poor guy was living on.

Pain killers were not enough to kill the seering pain in his heart.
Tranquilizers were not enough to make the storm in his chest calm down.
The mineral and vitamins were not enough to dim the hunger he had for love.

They were just things to keep him going Physically.
But inside, deep inside his heart.
Where no doctor could reach and fix the problem.
Where things hurt worse and gashes adore the feelings.
Deep inside where no stitch could close the wound.
There,
He was dead.

I closed my eyes and made my way out from the room. I rested my hand on the doorknob and gave me a pained look.

My own words were ranging in my mind like a broken tape recorder.

"It is not enough to kill the pain you have in your heart. But it may cut you out from it for some time"

Then wordlessly, just like I came. I exited the door and disappeared into the mist of thousands.

***
BANG PD-NIM POV

I nervously glanced at the clock and sighed. My phone was switched off just like I had promised.

I stared at the piece of paper in my hand. Then my eyes went to the pen in the pen stand of my table.

I single signature will change everything. The clock's minute hand struck twelve.

I drew in a deep breath and picked the pen with shaky hands. I closed my eyes and opened them again.

I brought the pen down.