CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE

Baekhyun found Taehyung and Areum in the garden. Both of them sitting at a table and sipping coffee.

Baekhyun took a deep breath and made his way to them. Areum looked up at Baekhyun and waved energetically and said,"WELCOME BECON OPPA"

"Yahhh Areum you are too loud" Baekhyun said and stood near them.
"How was your meeting hyung?" Taehyung asked, face still facing downwards and finger tracing the rim of the mug.

"Good" Baekhyun said and mouthed Areum to leave them alone. Areum got the message and skill fully escaped with a merry excuse of going to Eomma.

Baekhyun sat down at Areum's place and said,"Slept well?"
"Just woke up" Taehyung answered. He was still not looking up.

"Can say that by looking at your hair" Baekhyun joked and then chuckled to loosen up the tense atmosphere.

"Whom did you had a meeting with by the way" Taehyung asked in a low voice. Baekhyun loosened his collar and said,"Well...ah"

"Get it straight" Taehyung said and rested his cheek against his fist and still looked at the table.

"I went to Bangtan" Baekhyun said. He could see how Tae's hand tightened against the mug.

"What for" He asked, Baekhyun knew that Taehyung badly wanted to throw the mug on his face.
"Just to tell them to stay away from you" Baekhyun said.

"And?" Taehyung said.

"And they requested to ah...Hmmm..like you know...like...ah... staywithyouforaweek" Baekhyun reeled the line without a breath.

Taehyung finally looked up with a angry yet longing look in his honey brown eyes.
"Absurd" was all he said and went back looking at the table.

"Taehyung personally..I think that you should go" Baekhyun said and took his brother's hand in his.

"No hyung" Taehyung said and licked his lower lip. Baekhyun rubbed soothing circles at the back of Taehyung's hand with his thumb.

"Atleast fix your friendship with them" Baekhyun said with a sigh,"No one is telling you to be back in the group"

Taehyung remained silent.

"Look Tae, If you stay angry with them. It is only gonna affect you and your mind. You are poisoning your own heart with this, Atleast give them a chance at forgiveness. Not because they want it, but because you want to be free from this burden. Tae, You have spent four years with them. If not a family, they are atleast your friends. I know that what they did was holy wrong but everyone makes mistakes Taehyung. They are humans too and making mistakes is part of our life. But Taehyung it would have been bad if it didn't mattered to them. But they regret everything and I can see it in their eyes Taehyung. I am not taking sides Tae, but I don't want you to sleep with the thought that what would have happened if you were still with them. Or have nightmares about them or wake up from others' voice when you expect Jin to wake you up. You are acting all tough and cold Taehyung, but you yourself know that it is just a cover. You too want to be back with them. The accident may have affected you in some way but you are still the same inside. You are the same old Taehyung, Taehyung who wants the best for his hyungs and Kookie. So, Taehyung I am begging that you atleast give them a chance at forgiveness. Please Tae...." Baekhyun stared at Taehyung for a long moment.

The younger slowly pulled away his hand from Baekhyun's grip and got up. Baekhyun watched as Taehyung disappeared back in the mansion.

Baekhyun sighed and massaged his forehead. He felt hands massage his shoulder and back of his neck.

"Did he agreed" His mother asked. Baekhyun shook his head and said,"No mom. He just went away"

"Give him some time Baekie" She replied in a gentle voice,"It is too much for his mind. Just let him think it through"

"Maybe yes....." Baekhyun said. He and his mother sat in the garden for a long time and chatted together at anything that came to their mind.

***

Taehyung running to his room would have been an understate. He dashed at the speed of the light and locked himself inside.

He felt his breath go heavy and lump in his throat return. Hot tears came streaming down his eyes and he sobbed without stopping.

It was enough for him now. Taehyung had built a wall in front of him to hide all the emotions. Cause he thought that emotions made him week, but from the past few days he could feel the wall slowly cracking.

The more the crack widened the more Taehyung got hurt. He dragged himself in the washroom and locked the door.

The male took out his phone and dailled the number he remembered by heart. He waited until the call connected.

"Hello" He heard the voice speak.
"Are you alone?" Taehyung asked, he heard a gasp and hurriedly ordered,"Don't say my name. Walk out if you are with someone. Tell them you have to attend this call and don't tell who is it"

"Okay" Jungkook said. Taehyung could bear Jungkook speak something and then a person answering him back.

There was a sound of muffled running steps and then finally Jungkook spoke.
"Hyung is it really you?" Jungkook said In a broken voice.

"Oh no...I am someone else with his voice" Taehyung answered. Trying to keep his voice even so that Jungkook didn't knew that Taehyung had tears streaming down his eyes.

"Hyung I miss you" Jungkook said and sniffled.
"Yah whatever" Taehyung said, barely able to lift his voice above a whisper. He knew if he did, only thing which was happen was crying.

"Hyung are you crying?" Jungkook suddenly asked,"Or are you at the verge of"

"What makes you say that" Taehyung said and wiped off his tears with the back of his hand.

"Your voice does" Jungkook said,"You whisper while talking when you don't want to cry"
"Nonsense" Taehyung said. He pulled the phone away from his ear and let tears slip out of his eyes and silent sobs leaving his lips.

"Hyung are you still there?" Jungkook said when he didn't heard Taehyung speak again.

"Yeah I am" Taehyung said. Save me.

((I am listening to save me while writing this 😂😂))

"Hyung will you come and meet us" Jungkook asked. The golden maknae was now crying softly.

"I dunno" Taehyung admitted.

"Please come hyung-ssi" Jungkook cried,"I want you back. I want to see you again. I want to hear your voice again. I want you to call me Kookie again. Please hyung, I need you right now. You know that Jimin cuts right hyung? I knew too. But I couldn't stop him, you did. He is doing that again, I am helpless hyung. I want you to be there for us again. Hyung we are not Maknae line without you. It's three of us, not two. Hyung I want to cuddle with you again and you need to tell me how you fixed my phone so quickly. Hyung come back. If not for everyone else, then please atleast for me. Atleast let me hug you again for the last time. Let me touch for the last time hyung..Let me tell you that you are so precious to us, to me. Hyung please come back. I want those times back again. I-"

Before Jungkook could continue, he heard a clicking noise. He brought the phone to his eyes and saw a clear message before it disappeared.

Call disconnected