CHAPTER FIVE [edited]

A groan escaped Taehyung's mouth which made Areum look up at him.
"Taehyung?" She asked and touched his cheek with her hand.

Taehyung's eyes slowly opened. He stared at Areum with a confused expression.

For a moment a fear settled in Areum's mind that maybe he has even lost his memory. But when he leaned his face against her soft palm and closed his eyes, she was rejuvenated.

"Where?", he asked in a raspy and slow voice.

"The Kim Hospital, you met an accident and went through a surgery, and then you were kept in the ICU for the past twenty six hours" she reeled the line in one breath cause she has practiced that many a time while sitting beside him.

"For how long have you been here?" he asked and opened his eyes to look at Areum.

"The whole time, only went to the police station for the report" she said caressed his hair.

"And did you tell my parents about it?" He asked with a frown. Areum shook her head ruefully and said,"Couldn't muster the strength"

"And the others?" He asked but his voice had venom edge which didn't surprise Areum because she knew that the 'Personality would change' thing was taking over him.

"Came here" she said in meek voice,"Went back soon"

He hummed in response and drew in a deep breath and winced.

"Don't take deep breaths, your stomach was ruptured" she warned Taehyung.

"Excellent" he said which drew a laugh from Areum.

"For how long am I supposed to be here" asked Taehyung and looked at Areum with hopeful eyes.

"For a week or so" she said," Doctors want to make sure that you are stable enough"

Taehyung groaned but didn't challenge what areum had said.

"Why is there bandage on my head by the way" he asked.

"You bumped your head pabo" said Areum and let go a pained laugh.

Taehyung didn't laugh and a dark expression took over his face. This made the laugh in Areum's mouth die down. She hung her head low and fidgeted with the hem of her shirt.

"My brain got damaged in some way, right?" Taehyung asked in a dead serious voice.

Areum nodded but didn't look up to meet his eyes.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Frontal Lobe" she said bit the inside of her lip,"They say that maybe your personality will change"

"Switch personality disorder" he said but he felt more like a statement then an question.

"You know about it" Asked Areum and looked up at him with big eye. he hummed.

"But you won't be switching it" she said,"You'll be stuck in one forever"

a hysteric laugh escaped Taehyung's mouth and then he grimaced with pain.

"Impossible" he choked.

"Rare case" she said.

"Well.....You won't hate me if I changed right?" He asked in a weak voice.

"No No NO NO" said Areum with her voice turning high pitch like it always does when she is nervous,"I would never"

Taehyung gave her a smile and closed his eyes again.

"Taehyung?" she called his name and shook his arm gently.
"TAEHYUNG !!! DOCTOR !! NURSE !!!" She screamed and trembled. Sejin came dashing in the room and asked,"What's the deal"

"He passed out" sobbed Areum. The nurse came and checked Taehyung's pulse and said,"Don't worry Miss, it's just anesthesia"

Areum relaxed and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. She was shaking with exhaustion and she was in a complete mess.

"Areum" said her brother,"I guess you should go home and rest, You haven't slept for two days. We are here to take care of Taehyung"

"Okay oppa but take care of him and call me anything happens, especially if BTS happens" she told her brother and glanced at Taehyung.

She took his hand in her and gave a squeeze and whispered in his ear.

"I'll be back buddy" then she pecks his cheek and gave her brother a hug and left.

***

JUNGKOOK POV

We got off the car and I drew in a deep breath.
How the heck was I supposed to face him.

I looked at Jimin who was holding a beautiful bouquet of exotic white roses clutched in his little hands.

I had asked him that why did he prefer the white roses over red ones.
"He doesn't likes the red colour" he had said.

I had to wonder that how come he knows that because we hardly ever talked to Taehyung about his likes and dislikes.

We went to the reception and the young lady sitting behind the desk looked up at us.
"How can I help you Sir" she said in a plain and monotonous voice.

"Kim Taehyung" said Namjoon and the lady scanned through her laptop and said,"Room 637"

"Thank you" said Namjoon and we followed behind him. It took us sometime to locate the room and when we did—

We were stopped by a nurse. She was probably in her forties. Her black hair laced with Greys were tucked back in a neat and tight bun.

"May I know who are you?" she asked us in a stern voice,"And by any chance if you all are Bangtan"
"Yes we are, why?" said Yoongi in a plain voice.
The nurse returned it with a colder voice,"Not all six of you are allowed in the room. We don't want to room to crowd, only you can go"

She pointed her stubby finger to me.
"I don't want the boy to have any stress because of your presence"
Her voice had a clear warning.

And I knew that if we argued, she won't hesitate to throw us out of the hospital.

I gave her a nod and Jimin passed me the bouquet.
"Brace yourself" said the Nurse and left me and the others in a utter confusion.

Why would there be a need to brace myself. But little did I know, She was right.