Josh Ovalle: Stop Talking To Me

Josh's POV

"Did I not ask you to STOP talking to me?!" I yelled at the smaller girl behind me.

Y/n's eyes well up and I scoffed. She walks a bit closer and says "I just want you to understand how sorry I am for what I did..."

I laughed and asked "Sorry? You're just sorry you cheated on me?"

The tear that spilt down her cheek brought regret to my heart. I don't know why, but I continued. "You can't just be sorry for having me regret ever dating you! What is wrong with you!"

She picks up her bag and runs off. I yelled after her, "FUCK YOU! YOU CAN'T JUST THINK WALKING AWAY WILL CHANGE MY EMOTIONS!"

She yelled back "I don't!" and left the school.

I went to class and tapped the eraser end of my dull orange pencil off of the desk. I looked where Y/n's desk was where she would usually be sitting and sighed as I remembered what I did to her. I cheated on her a few months ago, and now I am basically complaining that she didn't do something right. She didn't but neither did I.

After school, I knocked on her door and sighed as I heard the click of the lock to open it. She looked up at me and sighed. I welcomed myself into her home and stood in front of her.

She closed the door and stood there staring at me with tears in her pretty e/c eyes. I leaned down and kissed her and asked: "Why am I such a prick?"

She shrugged and I laughed a bit and said: "I love you and I bitched on you for a small incident. You cheated on me but... Why does it matter?"

She sighed and cupped my face saying "Joshy, I'm sorry. I love you so much. You know that, right?"

I groaned and raised my voice "You don't cheat on someone if you love them, babe!"

She grabbed my hands that I had thrown in the air at what she has said. She sighed and said, "I'm sorry, okay?"

I yelled again "WHO WAS HE?!"

She teared up and whispered, "I don't know..."

"THEN WHY DID YOU FUCKING KISS HIM!?" I grabbed her shoulders and shook her a bit. I felt her trembling and shaking within my grip and I realized what I had done. I pulled her into a tight embrace and said "hey, hey, hey I'm sorry. Alright?"

She cried in my arms and didn't answer. I rubbed her back and my phone started ringing. It was Finn. I answered the call as I rubbed her back. "Yes?"

"The guy kissed her. She didn't kiss back. She didn't know him and the guy mouth raped her you-" I hung up and grabbed her hands.

"You didn't know him?" I asked her worriedly.

She shakes her head 'no' and I sighed as she let her tears spill from her eyes and down her cheeks.

I hugged her and whispered "I'm sorry. I thought you were just-"

She kissed me softly and I kissed back and from then on, I never assumed again.