Josh Ovalle: Crush

For @brockhaampton

Josh's POV

She cheated on me. I arrived at my house after work today to find out Elizabeth was cheating on me. I was beyond pissed and was on my way to my best friends house for some help.

I walked up the apartment steps, it smelled of cigarettes and body odour. I sighed as I walked up the stairs faster, finally seeing the faded out number "7" for the floor number on a large steel door.

I open the door and look down the hallway, giving myself a split second of memorizing where she lived. I turned to the left towards her door. Room 715, the "1" a little lower placed than the other two numbers. I knocked loudly by accident, my knock echoing through the hallway.

The door in front of me opened, Y/n's face coming into appearance. I smiled at her and she smiles back. Her smile faded into a worried face instead all of a sudden. "Could she tell I was broken?" I thought. That seemed to be the situation when she pulled me into her house.

I looked at her and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I want to ask you the same thing," she giggles nervously. I take a step closer and she moves closer to me. "What happened, Josh?"

I wrap my arms around her waist and tears immediately sting my eyes. She pushes my arms up around her neck to wrap hers around my waist since she is much shorter than I am. I whisper into her hair "She cheated on me. I know you warned me she was but I didn't want to believe it. I'm so sorry, Y/n."

I sighed and she said "You were lovestruck, I can't blame you. Listen..." She pulls away. "She doesn't know what she's losing."

I sigh and say "but you told me this FOREVER ago, like... Listen to me, Y/n. I know I fucked up and I know that I NEVER should have ignored you, but I'm here now and I really need-"

"I'm here," she says. She grabs my hand gently and pulls me in, closing the door when I take my shoes off. She walks to her bathroom. I sit down on her couch and toss my coat on the nearby armchair.

She comes back out and sits next to me. "Hey, trust me. She doesn't know what she's losing, you can stay the night if you want. We can watch Moana, I still have yet to see it and you enjoyed it.""You HAVEN'T seen, Moana?" I ask. She giggles and shakes her head, denying she's seen it. I groan and wrap her arms around my waist.

Y/n's POV

I giggle when he tugs at me to pull me closer to him. I blush then whisper "Hey, you'll be alright."

He smiles and says "As long as I have you, I'll always be alright."

I smile and say "Thanks, Josh."

He smiles wide and asks "How're you?"

I giggle and say "Same as always when you're here."

"Terrible?" He asks.

"No, just... Perfect," I say, biting my lip and looking up at him.

He stares into my eyes and asks "So, you and I could DEFIANTLY watch some Moana and possibly another one after?"

I nod my head and get up from his grasp to go fetch the film from my bedroom dresser. I open it to make sure that the movie is still in its case. I groaned at the sight of an empty case. I push the eject button on the Blu Ray system.

"Why don't we just watch it in here?" I hear Josh ask from the right of me. I look over and quickly inject the disc as he lays on the bed. I smile then agree with him.

"Hey, listen," I say. "My room is a mess so how about we-"

"Who cares?" He asks while jumping onto my bed. I shrug and climb in to grab the remote for the television and Blu Ray system. I change to the movie channel and then start the Moana movie.

Halfway through the movie, I was cuddling with Josh under my blankets. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and whispers, "I want to tell you something. I've wanted to tell you this for awhile."

I look up at him nervously. He fiddles with the bottom of my shirt and I ignore it completely. I smile and ask him "What is it?"

He smiles - clearly full of nervousness - then says "Um... I love you..."

I was a little confused until he wraps his arms around my waist. I hold his shoulders and he says "I love you, like a crush kind of love. Not a best friend kind of love."

I was shocked but also really happy. He smiles at me then says "If that's weird, let me know."

I don't know where my wave of confidence came from but I lean up quickly and practically smashed his face into my own to kiss him. He moaned a bit when my lips hit his pair and I pulled away from him.

He smiles cutely and pushes his forehead against mine. "I love you too, Joshy," she says. I bite my lip and cup his cheek again, pulling him into another kiss. He kisses back.

He wraps his arms around my waist and I cup his jaw, giggling after I pull away. His phone rings from his pocket and he smiles saying "It's my mom, I texted her before I got here that she was cheating on me."

He answers it and says "Hey mom, I-"

It wasn't on speaker but I could very well hear her. "WHERE IS THIS BITCH!? IM GONNA SHOW HER WHO SHE IS MESSING WITH RIGHT NOW!"

"I left, I'm at Y/n's mom," Josh says, laughing after.

I watch the TV screen as he hangs up. "What did she say?" I ask him, the eagerness of knowing the answer as a child would come off, beaming from my eyes. He cups my cheek.

"She says that she likes you," he says, a smile spread across his cheeks causing a smile to spread across my own.