Josh Ovalle: If You'd Like

@Notsojackandrson I am sorry this took so long, but I've done it.

Josh's POV

I desired a simple relationship. That's all. I just wanted to find a girl and date her like a guy normally would. Then I actually met a girl. She had NO idea who I was which meant, she wouldn't be freaking out all the time.

I was on my way to her house and I wasn't gonna tell her I was internet famous so that it could stay simple just... A little while longer. I met her two months ago when she dropped her project at the train station and I helped pick up the pieces.

Her project was her life. She had been crying and she seemed sad so I wanted to make sure she was okay. She had her bag with her and she had a scrape on her cheek. I walked over and sat with her.

"Hey." I simply said as I sat next to her on the bench waiting for the train. The train sped through the station and I sighed.

She didn't get on it. I looked at her and asked, "What's wrong?"

She looked up at me and asked: "Are you talking to me?"

I nodded my head before she stood up to grab her bag off the ground. I stood up and grabbed her hands to whisper "What's wrong?"

"Who are you? Why do you care?" She asks me. I sighed.

"I'm Josh and I care because there is a gorgeous girl walking around all sad and alone." I looked at her with a smile.

She looked at me with confusion and said: "My parents just kicked me out."

I sighed and rubbed her back before saying "I wouldn't understand the feeling, but I just moved into an apartment and if you'd like, there is another room with a bed in it already. You can stay with me. If you'd like."

She shook her head, denying my offer. She says "I don't need that, my parents may still let me back home."

I looked at her sadly and grabbed a receipt off the ground and a pen from my back pocket and wrote down my apartment address. "Just in case they don't. You can trust me" I say while handing her the receipt.

She takes it and crumples it into a ball, shoving it in her jacket pocket. I sighed as she walked away.

A month had gone by from that very night. She never had reconnected with me since that moment. Until December 24th. I was eating a plate of cookies I had baked. I had officially unpacked all my items and was sitting in my living room watching Saturday Night Live. My house well is done up.

I heard a small knock on my apartment door. I was confused. I placed the plate on the table and ran over to the large white door. I opened the door to see the girl from the train station. Blood covered her left cheek and right eyebrow.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her in before closing the door. I locked it and asked, "Why are you-"

"You said I could-" She seemed scared.

"No. Not that. Why is there blood on your- was it your parents?" I became worried. I walked her to the bathroom and turned the light on. I sat her on the edge of the bathtub.

"You were right Joe. My parents didn't want me back. My name is Y/n by the way." She looked up at me.

I chuckled and said "Josh."

"That's not me-" She looked confused.

"Joe isn't my name. My name is Josh." I smiled at her as I ringed out my cars washcloth.

I began cleaning up her face and I said "You'll be alright here. Your parents clearly don't care much about a beautiful girl like you. I never thought you'd actually come here. You can sleep in my bed if you'd like."

She says "I thought-"

"There was another room but I made it my gaming room because you never came. I thought you-" She cut me off.

"What is today?" She looks into my eyes.

I grabbed gauze and cotton pad and wrapped it around her head to cover her eyebrow while saying "Christmas Eve" and she blushed.

I brought her to my room and pulled the blanket back letting her climb in. I ran out to the living room to wrap up my cookies and shut off SNL before hearing "Josh?!" and I ran back.

I turned off all the lights in the hallway, the only lights being left on were my bedroom's light. I walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge. She looked up at me with her dull, broken eyes.

She looked at me right back to ask "Are you gonna sleep in here with me?"

I smirked and said "If you'd like me to. I can."

She pulled my hand so I would climb in the bed. I noticed the majority of her clothing was on my floor and she was in her shirt and panties only. I stripped down to my boxers and awkwardly laid in front of the gorgeous girl. She teared up.

I pulled her close and she broke down into my shoulder. I rubbed her back. She cried. Cried. Cried. I let her though, she needed to let it out.

"If y-you'd like, I can leave" she stuttered out.

"No... I don't want you to leave. You need me Y/n."