Malcolm Craig: Hallucinations

Y/n's POV

I rolled around on the floor, I couldn't fall asleep. I was staying the night at Malcolm's house. I kept hearing things in the darkness of his room. I've always been afraid of the dark. I held my hands on my ear, hoping to block out all sounds. It didn't work. I thought there were voices in every corner of the room. I hadn't noticed the hot tears beginning to pour down my cheeks.

I whined before the light was turned on. I looked up to see Malcolm had turned his lamp on. "Y/n?" he asked, climbing down to me. I threw my arms around his neck causing him to wrap his own arms around my waist. "What's going on?" He whispers.

I pull away and say "It's happening again the hallucinations... I hate this so much... I keep seeing and hearing things they aren't there but... I really do think they are."

He holds my hand and whispers "You'll be alright." I was shaking a little bit as he pulled me closer. "C'mere," he says as he rubs my arm. His mother comes into the room in a long silky gown.

"Y/n? Sweetie? Is everything alright?" She rubs her eyes. We had woken her up, or that's what I thought till she said "I was getting a drink and heard you crying. Came to see what was up." His mother was the sweetest, always worried. I've known her since I was 7 years old.

I looked at Malcolm and he knew what I was trying to signal to him. He says "She just had a nightmare, mum." She nods in understanding.

"Well, if you want a tea or something hon, don't be afraid to come downstairs." I nodded my head gently with a fake smile and she walked out.

Malcolm and I have been hiding our relationship from our parents for the LONGEST time, whenever I was given a new dose of pills from the psychiatrist I would stay the night at Malcolm's. Some of them gave me hallucinations.

He kissed my temple when his mother walked out. He whispers "You'll be okay, I'll ALWAYS be by your side."

I looked up at him and whispered: "I think I might go for that tea." He leaned his head down and kissed my cheek.

"As you wish." He whispered against my ear. I stood up and he did the same. He turns to me to say "When you come upstairs, I'll probably be sleeping. Wake me up if you want to talk?"

"What if I just want to hug you?" I asked.

He looked into my eyes, his glasses were off and on the nightstand next to his bed. "If you want to do ANYTHING, even just say "hello" and go to sleep. Wake me up." He pecks my nose then climbs into his bed.

I walked down the carpeted stairs calling. "Ms. Craig?" I asked into the kitchen.

"I knew you'd come down. I already made you a tea." She let out her lighthearted laugh, it always just filled the room with joy. I smiled and walked in quickly. Just her presence made the room more comfortable. I sat at the end of the table she had my tea placed. She was sat next to me.

She pushed me the creamers and sugar cubes. "What was your nightmare about?"

She didn't know about the psychiatrist. I swallowed hard with a large smile. "Well... Um... That I was in a dark room. There were like, voices coming from all around me. They were all saying something different, none of the voices I could decipher. But they were there, most defiantly."

She looked at me and said, "That is frightening isn't it." I went to put a second sugar cube in. She grabbed it from my fingers. "I wouldn't suggest that, after a nightmare? Sugar TRIGGERS nightmares, did you know that?"

I looked at her and said "I think I've heard of it. Not sure I remember where, but I won't need it if that's the case." She smiles and gets up to grab some more sugar cubes and put them in the jar. I ask her "If you want to say... I love you, to a boy? That you've been with for a while, how do you say it?"

She smiles and sits with me once again placing the sugar cubes from the box into the jar with the little bunny in the grass on it. "Well... To tell Malcolm, I love-"

"I never um... I never actually said it was-" She cut me off after I cut her off.

"That's cute that you're trying to convince me this. I know you and him are together and I have for a while. When he brought you home for Thanksgiving Dinner, I knew SOMETHING was up. When he came into the kitchen and he said, "Oh, mom, I'm gonna have my BEST FRIEND come for dinner." I knew you weren't his best friend. I know when my boy is lying and THERE it WAS!" She smiled at me and giggled at my shocked expression.

"But... You let me sleep over anyways?" I looked at her confused.

"He won't have sex with you, I know my son, he's like his father." She smirks and walks over to the counter with her cup.

"What do you mean like his father?" I was confused.

"A pussy." She laughs. I couldn't help but laugh along. She smiles at me and says "Anyways, to say I love you to Malcolm ISN'T a challenge."

"What if I say it wrong and-" She cuts me off.

"Just because Riverdale shows Archie saying I love you was a BIG mistake, doesn't mean yours will be." (Read my Southside Serpents Imagines book! SHAMELESS SELF PROMO! LMAO) She looked at me with a large smile on her face.

I nodded my head and said "Right..." before heading back upstairs after thanking her and cleaning my dish. (I was thinking of the new Titans show and instead of "dish" I wrote "dick" and I can't stop laughing. HAHA! #WATCHTITANSONNETFLIX #LMAO #I'MSUPERTIRED #1:15AMFEELS #IMMASTOPNOW #BLESSED)

I got upstairs and climbed into Malcolm's bed. He opened his eyes then tossed the blankets over him and me. "Malcolm?"

"Mhm," he mumbled out.

"I love you" I whispered.

He opened his eyes and whispered, "I love you too." He kissed my cheek and fell back asleep.

That wasn't hard like I had told myself it would be. I smiled to myself and cuddled him into my slumber.