Malcolm Craig: Diamond

Malcolm's POV

I walked down the hallways, looking for Y/n. She was my best friend and prom was coming up. I wanted to ask her yet knew I wouldn't be able to. It was a struggle sometimes to even say a simple "hello," to her.

I walked down the hallway and grabbed Mr. Jogia's arm before asking "Where is Y/n? Have you seen her?"

He smiles and pushes his long brown locks back. "Yeah, we just finished her studying. I think she said she was headed to her locker?" He responded, more like a question than a statement.

"Thanks," I say before running towards her locker.

I open the door to her hall after taking the stairs. I see her closing her locker and I run to her. "H-Hey!" I say. Here it was... Awkwardness.

"Hey, Malcolm," she says, the most beautiful smile wiping over her cheeks.

"You um... You still interested in the prom?" I ask.

"Of course! I am just overly excited to go to buy a dress," she says. I couldn't help but smile at her happiness.

" Only one week until prom," I say. She nods her head with a confirmation hum.

"Who're you going with?" She asks.

"Um... Nobody," I state.

"Shocker," she says.

"I could go with you, friend way, obviously," I say.

She smiles up at me nodding her head. "As besties, I'm getting a light blue dress you should get a light blue tie!" I blush a bit and nod my head in agreement. "YAY! I'm going dress shopping tonight," she squeals.

"Awesome, I'll um... Walk with you there?" I question.

She giggles and hugs me saying, "My mom can drive us, Malcolm, don't sweat it."

I chuckle and say "Sure, I'll see you on Friday."

She playfully kisses my cheek and runs off. Fuck our close relationship for making me all blushy. I was laying in bed at night when Y/n messages me, "Eek! I got my dress! Can't wait for you to see it! LIGHT BLUE! REMEMBER!"

I click out of Instagram and go to my text convos. I chuckle reading the messages a second time. I respond with "Alright, hon, see you tomorrow?"

She responds quickly with "No, you'll see me on Friday. I'm not gonna be at school till then."

I had a plan. She responds with that, that means I have 4 days to get prom ready. I respond with "See you then," and then toss my phone on my beanbag chair. I roll onto my side and sleep.