Jack Anderson: For My Sake

Jack's POV

I sat in the subway station with Malcolm, Ayla and Finn, waiting for the subway train to get there. I giggled a bit when Malcolm said another stupid joke, my guitar case was sat next to me and my backpack was in front of me.

I looked down the track to see the subway coming down the tracks at top speed. It screeched to a stop. I picked up my bag, slung it over my shoulder and darted for the train knowing that it wanted to move quickly down the tracks. I climbed in and so did my three friends and we sat down as the subway train sped down the tracks. I looked around and noticed I had forgotten my guitar next to the bench and said aloud "SHIT!" causing my friends to look at me in worry.

"I left my guitar out there guys, at the bench," I said looking down at the three in the seats. Malcolm looked worried while Finn just looked confused. Ayla stood up and began saying her plan.

"Okay, we get off at this next stop, we go figure out when the next subway train comes through to get back. When we get that train, we'll go back and get your guitar. Good?" She asked to make sure her plan made sense.

We nodded our heads in understanding before the train pulled up at the new stop. We ran out with our stuff and Malcolm looked back to make sure we had everything before Finn grabbed Malcolm's shoulder and said: "Malcolm and I will stay on this subway train and head to the venue, you two go get the guitar."

We nodded our heads and Malcolm said: "My drums are already at the venue, Ayla, I'll take your guitar." He held out his hand and Ayla handed him the stringed object in its case.

"Give me your bag, Jack," Finn said as he held his hand out to me. I took it off my shoulders and handed him the bag. The pair took Ayla's and Finn's guitar onto the subway cart with my bag hanging off Finn's shoulder and the doors shut as Ayla and I looked around for the "Help" desk.

We walked up to the man and he smiled down at us. "Hello, what do you guys need?"

"We left a guitar at the last station from um... Um... Down there." I pointed towards the way we came from.

He nods his head in understanding, "Would you two like me to call down to that station and ask if they can retrieve it so you can get it when you're down there next."

"Uh, yeah! That would be awesome."

I smiled at Ayla in the excitement that I was gonna get my guitar back. The man turns around and begins the call. I leaned against the counter in relief while Ayla checked her messages on her phone.

After a few minutes, the man came back over with two tickets for the next train and said: "Well, it seems they couldn't exactly find your guitar sir, would you still like these tickets?"

I immediately became worried again and said "Um... Yeah, sure. Thanks, sir."

Ayla paid for the new tickets and we walked towards the tracks. "They couldn't find it" I stated in shock. Ayla looked at me and rubbed my shoulders to comfort me, but it didn't comfort me, what would comfort me is knowing my guitar is behind some lady's desk in subway station next door, but it isn't.

The cart pulled up and I ran in before Ayla looked at me and said "I'm gonna head to the venue, I didn't grab a ticket while we were over at the counter. So um... Good luck... If you need us, call one of us. Okay?"

I nodded my head and she walked away as I sat in a seat and sighed. The doors and closed and sped back towards the previous station. I fiddled with my fingers in anxiety, fear that my guitar was stolen and I'd never see it again. I began pulling at the bridge of my nose before we hit the stop, I stood up and ran out faster than you could say "hello". I looked across the tracks at the bench I was at and nothing was there.