Chapter 1: Memory Meadow

A/N: HEYO! Yes, another story, what's new? It's funny because this story lodged itself into my brain due to long hours of playing The Sims4. So I decided to use my sim characters and turn my game into a novel :).

I hope ya'll enjoy ;)

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Precious Sins

Chapter I: Memory Meadow

[Adrien's POV]

Angst settled deep into my chest when my mom slowly pulled out of the driveway. Through the car window, my eyes were glued to the sight of our soon to be old house. It was the place I grew up in and the only place I ever lived. There was never a time where we thought of moving from our tiny one-story house. But now, I was leaving all of my childhood memories behind as we moved on to something new.

Well...it wasn't totally something new.

We were only moving houses because my mom decided that it was time to move in with her long term boyfriend, Jackson. They had been together ever since I started high-school, so about three years. The humour of it all was that it was also my best friend's house that we were moving into. Hilarious right? My mom was dating my best friend's father.

After picking Preston up from my house one particular summer morning, his dad and my mom greeted each other for the first time. Long story short, I had begun to see Jackson hang around my house more often while Preston was over, helping me with school projects or playing video games on the television with me. They were basically best-friends before they decided to date six years later. Even when my mother announced that she was going out with Preston's dad, I couldn't help the surprise that engulfed my being and choked the water in my mouth.

It shocked me to the core because I didn't expect my mother to become involved in another relationship after what happened with my biological dad, but Jackson was clearly special and I was happy for them both. It also meant that I got to see more of Preston.

I sighed heavily, watching our house slowly fade away as we drove down the street with the moving trucks following behind us. As much as it was exciting to move in with my best friend of ten years, I was still going to miss living in the tiny modern house that we called our home for many years. It was the only place I ever lived in and all of the memories that were held in that household all clung to my heart. Even the smallest of memories.

Small memories like the time my mother decided to bake cupcakes for my 11th birthday party. She wanted me to have the best birthday party ever, which meant she wanted everything to be home cooked. She was a chef and baker. Well, needless to say the batter exploded out of the bowl when she turned on the mixer and it splattered all over the walls. Laughter erupted from my throat like a volcano watching my mother stare at her mess in utter horror. I was gripping the wall just to keep myself up because I lost my breath from laughing so hard.

"Are you excited sweetie?" My mom turned to me briefly while driving down the road. The King's Residence wasn't that far from where we used to live. Considering we weren't moving out of town, it wouldn't take us long to get there. It was only on the other side of town.

"A little, yes," I flashed a smile at my mom, and she returned the kind gesture.

"It will be perfect, don't you worry! Hopefully Ruby and Shelby get along with their dog," My mom said, making me glance to the back seat where our two cats were, meowing away in their carriers. Shelby was a recent addition to the family. We had found her on the streets as a stray and decided to take her in a several years back.