Epilogue

Precious Sins

Epilogue

[Adrien's POV]

Senior year had been a bittersweet moment for me. While the last half of senior year was one of the darkest moments of my life, there were still good parts from it too. And while I was still needing to find myself, and while Preston and I's relationship didn't work out the way we planned it to, I was glad to say that my senior year ended on a high note.

Nothing could ever prepare you for this moment to come so fast. During your freshman year, they always tell you to cherish your moments in high school because they go by in a blink of an eye. One day, you're a freshman, and the next, your name is being called for you to get up on stage, and get your diploma.

I didn't believe it at first, but as I stood next to the stage, lined up with other seniors in our cap and gowns, waiting for my name to be called, I believed it.

Graduation. It was hard to believe that senior year went by so fast, that my years at high school were already over, and that I was closing this chapter of my life with the people I grew up with.

"Karla Adams," the teacher standing at the podium called out with their microphone. The girl in front of me stepped onto the stage, loud clapping echoing in my ears. Now, I was getting nervous. That was the one thing I hated about having my last name start with an A, it meant that I was one of the first to go up on stage. I could barely give myself a pep talk.

"You alright?" I blinked and glanced behind me at Daniel, who was looking at me with a raised brow.

"Yeah, just nervous," I laughed.

"You'll be fine," Daniel reassured, slight teasing in his tone as he followed with, "just don't trip on your way up the stage and you'll be fine."

"Gee, thanks," I scoffed at him. Daniel chuckled and patted me on the back.

"You'll do great Adrien!" I then heard Kourtney shout over to me a few people behind us, "just walk up there and strut your stuff!"

I rolled my eyes but laughed anyway.

"Adrien Aguilera," The teacher then called my name to the stage, to which Daniel patted my shoulder, both him and Kourtney cheering me on as I took a deep breath and stepped onto the stage. Cheering, clapping, and whistling reached my ears as I walked across the stage and over to Mr. Taylor, to which he shook my hand and flashed me a bright smile.

He congratulated me and handed me my diploma. The teacher then announced that I would also be receiving an award for the highest mark in my visual arts class, and Ms. Sawyer stepped forward to give me my reward. We smiled at each other, and she gave me a big hug before she handed the award over to me.

"I'm proud of you, Adrien," She said, "you'll do amazing in art school."

"Thanks, Ms. Sawyer," I said kindly. She smiled and gave me one last hug. I briefly glanced into the crowd, where people were cheering and clapping for me. I saw Mom sitting with Jackson somewhere in the crowd, as she blew into a tissue because she was crying. I saw my friends, voices loud and prominent, and when my eyes found Preston's in the crowd, our eyes locked for a few short seconds. He was smiling, and then I was smiling, before I walked off the stage with my diploma and award.

"Daniel Blake," The teacher called out, and the cheering started up again as Daniel walked across the stage, shaking hands with the principal as he received his diploma. I cheered as well, and I swore I heard Asher shouting somewhere in the audience. When Daniel walked back off the stage, I gave him a high-five, and we headed back to our seats together.