Chapter 24: Unease The Mind

Precious Sins

Chapter XXIV: Unease The Mind

[Adrien's POV]

"The snow is beautiful, don't you think?" Preston's voice lulled me out of my thoughts. His gloved hand was tangled with my own as we walked down the sidewalk, snowflakes raining down on us from the cold sky. I lifted my head to look at him, watching as his eyes lingered on the falling snowflakes.

"Yea, it really is," I nodded my head. Despite the cold, winter was always beautiful. I loved Christmas, I loved cozying up by the fire with Preston, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with hot chocolate and marshmallows. I loved going outside to make snowmen and snow angels and catching snowflakes on my tongue, "though, I can't feel my face."

Preston laughed. He gazed down at me with a twinkle in his blue eyes and a smile, "yea? Your cheeks are pretty red. When we get home, I'll wrap you up in a blanket and cuddle the shit out of you to warm you up while we take a nap. How does that sound?"

I smiled softly at that, biting my lower lip, "yea, that sounds nice."

"Good," Preston smiled. He pressed a gentle kiss to my lips before we continued walking down the sidewalk. When we reached the stoplight at a crossroad and waited for the walking signal, I had the sudden urge to kiss Preston again. The thoughts consumed me even as we crossed the street and reached our house. Before I started dating Preston, I used to tell myself that I didn't need a relationship and that I would be fine on my own. I've kissed a guy before, but that was all the experience I had and that experience was awkward and one I never wanted to remember. I've never felt sexually attracted to anyone as I did to Preston. The more I was around Preston, and the closer we got romantically, it made me want to have sex with him more. Touch him and kiss him. Was that weird of me to think about?

At least, to me it was weird. I've never thought about stuff like this until Preston. Hell, I didn't even realize I liked him until I realized the thought of him with someone else was unsettling to me.

When we reached our house, Preston unlocked the door and we stepped inside. As per usual, we were greeted by Kodey as we took off our winter gear, then, after saying hello to my mom, Preston and I headed upstairs to our bedroom.

"We only have three hours until we have to meet up with Asher and Daniel, and we still have to do our homework, so we can't nap for too long," I said to Preston as he shut the bedroom door behind us. I wandered over to the dresser and started stripping out of my clothes. Once I was down to my underwear I grabbed one of Preston's large hoodies and slipped it on. It was cozy and warm.

Preston hummed at that, leaning against the bedroom with crossed arms as he watched me undress, "mhmmm, who says we have to do our homework?"

"Well, you have to keep your grades up if you want to get into the University you want, don't you?" I turned to face Preston. He shrugged. He smiled at me as he pushed off the wall and walked over, reaching up to cup my cheek.

"We don't have to spend every single day doing homework. Just relax," Preston said. He looked me deep in the eyes with those bright blue eyes of his. I bit my lip and placed my hand over the top of his that was pressed against my cheek, "are you okay?"

I smiled at him, nodding my head, "yea, I'm okay."

"You sure?" He tilted his head. I nodded once more.

"Mhm...I was just, thinking."

"Oh, yea? What about..?" His voice lowered, hands cupped both of my cheeks. I blushed as he leaned closer to me, his intense eyes boring into my own.