Chapter 47: Pink Lemonade

Precious Sins

Chapter XLVII: Pink Lemonade

[Adrien's POV]

The rest of the school week went by in a blur. I had my usual therapy appointments with Katelin on Tuesday and Thursday, in which we talked more about my depression, trauma, and just about what was happening in my life in general. Every day during lunch at school, I would hang out with my friends at our usual table, just like we always have. It was just nice to go to school, hang out with my friends, and not have people talk about me or poke fun of me whenever they saw me. No one looked at me like that anymore, and the fact that I haven't seen Marci nor Carter at school was a bonus.

Prom tickets were going on sale next week, and so all the seniors were beyond excited. Prom was during the last week of May, and so Phoebe had been nonstop rambling about wanting to go prom dress shopping soon, seeing as we would all be getting our tickets next week. So she, me, Asher, and Kourtney were planning to go downtown sometime next week, to go shopping.

Overall, I was starting to feel more like myself again. I still had moments where I struggled to get out of bed and do my daily routines, but it was easier now that I had proper support. The medication was also starting to kick in, making my mood easier to handle, because I wasn't spiralling back into the dark place I had been before my hospital stay. The therapy sessions with Katelin on top of that were also extremely helpful.

I've also been hanging out with Preston more. We've hung out a couple of times this week after school, once at his place and once at mine. We talked about many things, joked and laughed, and overall, we were slowly slipping back into our usual groove, and I was content about it.

"Should I get chocolate or vanilla frozen yogurt?" Asher pondered as he stood in front of the frozen yogurt machine, glancing back and forth between the two flavours.

"Why not get both?" Phoebe suggested with a laugh.

"Hmm, that's so true!" Asher exclaimed, "I could do half and half! You're a genius, Phoebe."

Asher pulled the lever on the machine, filling half of his cup with vanilla frozen yogurt, before filling the rest of his cup with chocolate.

Phoebe smiled triumphantly, "why, thank you very much, Asher."

Kourtney snorted, "I wouldn't call her a genius...it's just common sense."

"Hey! I am a genius!" Phoebe feigned hurt. I smiled crookedly and shook my head at the three of them.

The four of us then moved to the toppings station with our frozen yogurt, where we sprinkled toppings over our frozen yogurt. Asher decided to put a million different things on top of his yogurt, while I opted for sprinkles and caramel sauce on my cake batter-flavoured frozen yogurt. Then, the four of us paid for our food and sat down at an empty table near the window.

"Oh my god, I have to show you the stuff Daniel and I bought for our baby's nursery the other day!" Asher exclaimed after a few bites of his frozen yogurt, pulling his phone out of his pocket, "Daniel found this super cute teddy bear while shopping, look!"

"Awe! It is really cute!" Kourtney gushed at the photo Asher showed us on his phone. The picture was of Daniel, smiling goofily while holding up a large teddy bear with brown fur and a golden ribbon tied around its neck.

"I know right! And look how small these baby clothes are! And the bottles! And the furniture! It's all so cute!" Asher groaned. He flipped through a few more photos, showing us all the items he bought, "god if Daniel and I weren't tight on money, I would spoil this baby rotten."

"Your due date is coming up, isn't it?" Phoebe asked, "like, eight weeks or so?"

"Yeah, my due date is June 30th," Asher nodded, "though, my doctor thinks I'll have the baby sooner than that. Either way, I'm either going to give birth before or after graduation."