Chapter 25: Sweet Talk

Precious Sins

Chapter XXV: Sweet Talk

[Adrien's POV]

Asher wasn't at school for the rest of the week. After his overnight stay at the hospital, it was arranged that Asher would move into Daniel's place. Daniel and his mother had talked about the arrangement with the police when they were there, seeing as they were the closest thing to family that Asher had. He didn't have anyone else. And because Asher was pregnant, it was the best option.

It was currently second period, and because I had a spare period, I was at Daniel's house visiting Asher. We were sitting in the living room together watching Netflix. Asher was curled up in the corner of the L-shaped couch. He wore black maternity shorts and an oversized band shirt. He sat with a fluffy blanket wrapped around himself as he glued his eyes to the anime we were watching on screen—Violet Evergarden.

Asher seemed to be doing okay this past week despite what happened, though, he has been a little more on the quiet side. Asher was normally very talkative, and he still was, but not to the extent that he usually was.

"Hey sweethearts, it's going to be lunchtime soon. Did you want me to make anything in particular? Or perhaps I could order a pizza?" Mrs. Blake asked as she wandered over from the kitchen. Daniel told me that his mom had taken the week off from work so she could keep an eye on Asher while Daniel and his dama weren't home. I flashed her a soft smile, before turning my gaze to Asher.

"What do you want, Asher?" I asked him. Asher bit his lip in thought, pulling the blankets up higher.

"Uhm...I'm kind of craving a pizza."

"Alright! Pizza it is! I will order it right now!" Mrs. Blake smiled sweetly. Then, she disappeared off into the kitchen.

"Daniel told me you had your OB appointment this morning. How did that go?" I brought my attention back to Asher. He paused before he released a heavy breath, and sat up straighter on the couch, leaning his back against the couch as he crossed his legs.

"It was fine, the same as all of my other appointments really. The baby's healthy and thriving as they should be," Asher replied. I smiled at that.

"Well, that's good. Always nice to hear that your baby is doing well."

"Mhmmm," He hummed. He went quiet for a moment, lowering his gaze as he rested his hand over his stomach, "but anyway! Enough about me. What's been going on with you lately? Anything interesting?"

I leaned back against the couch and crossed my legs, "Uhm...not really? Well, besides the fact that Carter has been coming to my locker pretty much every day to talk to me. He does it when Preston isn't there."

Asher pinches his brows together, "Carter? As in, Carter Alinsky? From the rugby team?"

"Yea," I nodded, tugging at the sleeves of my hoodie, "I don't know why, but...what am I supposed to say?"

"Well...if I were you, I'd tell him to fuck off. He's known for being a douche. The entire rugby team are assholes and he is top tier asshole, so you should stay away. Does Preston know?"

"I guess...and no, he doesn't know."

Asher frowned at me, "you haven't told him?"

"Yea...I haven't told him yet. I'll probably tell him later today after school. But it's not that big of a deal anyway," I said, shaking my head. Asher stared at me for a long moment, pausing before he nodded his head.

"I guess so. But like I said, Carter is a fucking asshole from what I heard, so just be careful."

"I will," I nodded with a smile. Asher returned the smile. We went back to watching the anime on the screen. Twenty minutes later the doorbell was ringing, and soon, Daniel's mom was bringing over the box of pizza, setting it onto the coffee table in front of us along with two bottles of water.