Chapter 16: Stress Relief

Precious Sins

Chapter XVI: Stress Relief

[Preston's POV]

After third period was over, I walked Adrien down to his English class. I gave him a quick kiss just as we reached the classroom, and as we pulled apart, a few of his classmates started whistling and giving playful winks just before they walked past us into the classroom. I laughed, a smirk on my face when Adrien's cheeks turned bright red.

"I'll see you after class," I said to him. Adrien smiled, biting his lip.

"Yea, see you," He replied. Just before he walked into class, I gave him one last peck on the cheek and then headed back down the hallway. I passed the crowd of students, travelled down the stairwell and headed to the gym.

I was still hella curious as to why he and Asher skipped their morning classes. It just didn't make sense to skip the whole morning just to work on homework. Adrien's been my best friend for ten years, I can tell when he's hiding something from me. Hell, he and Asher were definitely keeping something. But I trusted Adrien to talk to me eventually about it so I didn't bother to intervene.

"Ayeee, there he is! Wassup Preston!" Lucas called out to me as I entered the change room. I glanced over to where he was standing with Carter, Kade, and a few others as they changed into their gym clothes.

"Hey Lucas," I greeted. I unlocked my locker, and grabbed my gym clothes, starting to strip out of my shirt and jeans.

"We have football practice after school. You coming?" Pierce spoke up. He was a central midfielder on our football team and a good one at that. We had a pretty talented team this year and I wasn't just saying that to brag. Between my freshman and sophomore years in high school, our team was trash and barely ever won a game.

I cursed, "shit, I forget about practice. Yea, I'll be there."

"Has Adrien been distracting you, Preston?" Carter laughed, a smirk on his face. I scoffed, pulling on my gym shirt and shorts.

"And what if he is? Got a problem?" I asked. I turned around to face Carter, arms crossed over my chest. Carter raised a brow at me, a diverted look on his face. He shrugged.

"Well...you don't want to have yourself distracted, do you? It's the final game before playoffs. I don't think your team would be too happy if you lost because you were distracted over your boyfriend. Is that ass just too good?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "can you not? And since when you do care? You're not even on the team."

"Since I've been part of this school," Carter said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, yea? You've been making comments about Adrien since I started dating him. What are you, jealous?"

"Jealous? Hah, no. Why would I be jealous?" Carter smirked. He had a taunting look in his eyes, and it was starting to annoy me. Actually, everything about Carter annoyed me. He was an asshole and I wanted to punch him in the face.

I took a step forward. Pierce quickly stepped between us, extending his arms out to keep us both a distance from each other, "okay, seriously guys. You both need to stop. Especially you, Carter. Stop being a dick. It's getting annoying."

Carter raised his hands in surrender, "I'm not the one who gets irritated easily. Come on, I was just kidding around."

"You're not being funny. You think I'm not going to get mad when you keep talking about my boyfriend?" I glared.

"You just can't take a joke," Carter laughed. I didn't say anything. My blood boiled from his obnoxious personality. It took everything in me not to punch him in the face. Instead, I gave him a threatening stare, slammed my locker shut, and walked out of the change room. On the way out, I texted Adrien and let him know that I had football practice, so I wouldn't be able to walk home with him.