Chapter 32: Musical Therapy

Precious Sins

Chapter XXXII: Musical Therapy

[Adrien's POV]

"So, you got accepted into Faith University, huh? I totally knew you would get in. There was no way they would have said no," Preston smirked. It was late on a Sunday, roughly around eleven-thirty, and we were lying naked together in bed after an intimate round of sex. We had spent the night eating more of my birthday cake in my room while watching movies, cuddling on our bed. Well, we were cuddling until Preston decided to smear frosting on my cheek and lick it off, which led to our clothes being taken off. Now, we laid together in the darkness, the moonlight peering through the cracks of the curtains.

It was the first time we had sex since our little incident. I had been wary since then and was a bit hesitant to do anything, but now that I was sure that I wasn't pregnant, I was more relaxed. I laid on my side with my head rested against the pillow, Preston spooning me from behind with his head propped up on his hand, his free hand brushing up and down my arm, "you could be like, the next Picasso. That's how talented you are."

I snorted, "you're joking."

"No, I'm not joking. You are so talented and you need to see that and have more confidence in yourself. You're so much more amazing than how you see yourself to be," Preston kissed my shoulder blade. I smiled softly at that, my heart fluttering in my chest at the kind gesture. Preston always had the right things to say to me to swoon me every time. He just made me feel so happy and I always wondered what I did to deserve him. He was such a good and amazing person.

"Mmm...I love you," I murmured. I rolled over till I was facing Preston, and kissed him on the lips softly. Preston returned the kiss, pecking me on the lips a couple of times while he pulled me closer, his hand slipping around my naked waist. I slipped my leg over his waist and wrapped my arms around his neck, our naked bodies pressing together underneath the blankets.

"I love you too," Preston whispered against my lips. I smiled and bit my lip.

"Uhm...I need to talk to you about something. I didn't get the chance to on Friday," I sighed, suddenly feeling nervous. Though, I didn't know why I was nervous. It wasn't even a big deal. Heck, it was good news, and I knew Preston wouldn't say anything bad, yet I was feeling hesitant about telling him.

Preston raised a brow, brushing his hand up and down my back as he held me close, "sure. What did you want to talk about?"

I bit my lip. Inhaling a deep breath, I calmed the nerves swimming around in my chest, doodling along Preston's bare chest with my finger, "So, on Friday...when you asked me if I was alright and if I was having any symptoms, I wasn't being completely honest with you. My cycle was supposed to have started on Monday, but...I'm late."

Instantly, Preston's eyebrows raised. A look of concern pained his features, and he opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly placed my finger against his lips to shush him.

"I took a pregnancy test, and it came back negative. I know I should have told you the truth, and I'm really sorry for lying. But I didn't want to worry you. I wanted to be sure before I worried you with anything...so I'm sorry," I hurriedly said. Preston paused to look at me. He had a frown on his lips before he reached up to take hold of my hand, and he removed my finger from his lips.

"It's okay, Adrien. I'm glad you told me. But next time, worry me. I'm flattered you didn't want me to worry but I always want to make sure you're okay, and if you have any concerns, whether they may be true or not, I want you to tell me. I could have been with you when you took the test so that you weren't alone. We're in this together," Preston explained. I nodded my head at that, instantly feeling the anxiety release from my body, allowing me to fully relax.