Chapter 7: Love Blossoms

Precious Sins

Chapter VII: Love Blossoms

[Preston's POV]

To say I was nervous was an understatement.

I admit, throughout the weeks leading up to this very moment, I had been nothing but excited for it. In a way, I would be admitting my feelings to Adrien in the way I best express my emotions — through music. While he wouldn't know the song was meant for him, it was still a way for me to shout my feelings without feeling exposed and vulnerable.

But I was so fucking nervous.

Why? I don't know. Adrien has seen me sing countless times before, so why was I nervous now? Was it because it was for him? Probably.

"Preston! Are you ready to go?" I heard Adrien's voice call out from downstairs. I inhaled a deep breath. I swear Adrien wasn't helping my emotions today. It wasn't even his fault either. He was acting as he usually was, sweet and kind, but just hearing his voice was making me more riled up than usual.

I was getting so impatient. Annie's party was tonight, so after school Adrien and I will be getting ready to head over. Tonight was the night I will be expressing my feelings, and just thinking about it had me nervous and stiff. But at the same time...it was hard to contain my composure around Adrien.

At any moment I felt like I would snap and push Adrien up against the closest wall, just to kiss the fuck out of him.

"Yea! I'm just grabbing my guitar!" I called back out. I took another deep breath to calm my nerves and emotions. I grabbed my guitar case that was sitting on the bed, picking it up by the handle while shrugging my school bag over my shoulder.

Adrien was waiting by the front door by the time I walked down the stairs. He looked attractive as always, but today, he just looked ten times more beautiful. He wore an oversized flannel that he purposefully stole from my closet with the sleeves rolled back, high-waisted mom jeans and a pair of Dr. Martens boots. And of course, his go-to vanilla scented body mist. Yea, I really wanted to kiss the fuck out of him. He was looking really kissable today.

He turned to look up at me once I walked over, and he flashed one of his sweet smiles, "you took longer than usual this morning. Are you okay? Feeling nervous?"

"A bit nervous, yea. But nothing I can't handle. I'm more excited than anything," I smirked at him, slipping on my shoes, "you look beautiful today, Adrien."

He looked taken aback by the sudden compliment. His lips parted slightly, and he stared at me with a surprised look on his face. I smiled; he looked so cute like that. It didn't help when his cheeks heated up, teeth biting into his lower lip.

"I do? A-ah...uhm, thank you," He murmured. He looked down, ringing his fingers together. I laughed, stepping over to him and hooked my finger under his chin, tilting his head back up to look at me.

"No need to look so shy. Come on, let's go before we're late," I smiled. Adrien paused. He stared at me with those bright green eyes of his, a blush still adorning his cheek. He eventually nodded his head, tilting his gaze away. Fuck. I want to take him back upstairs and have my way with him. Forget about school and the assembly, I was itching to have him now.

I inhaled a deep breath, gaining my composure back and stepped away from Adrien. I shouted a goodbye to our parents, and walked outside. I waited for Adrien to step out to close and lock the door, then, I started walking down the driveway with Adrien beside me.

We walked in calming silence down the sidewalk. The air was cold, a breeze tickling the skin on my cheeks. Adrien zipped his coat, tucking his chin into the collar of his coat as to huddle up from the cold. I couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked.