Chapter 48: The Promposal

Precious Sins

Chapter XLVIII: The Promposal

[Preston's POV]

The main foyer was completely crowded with students all lining up to get their prom tickets. Me, Adrien, and the rest of our friends were some of those students. They were selling prom tickets this week, the first week of May, which meant that prom was only three weeks away.

While I was excited to get my ticket and go to prom, it also came with some unanswered questions that were in my mind. Adrien and I talked about going to prom together when we were dating. I was going to do a whole promposal and everything, and I was even going to give him a corsage. I had everything planned out, but now, I wasn't so sure what to do.

We weren't together anymore, so was it still appropriate to even do a promposal? Give him a corsage? I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. I wasn't sure if he even wanted to date again, and while I perhaps would be up for it, I didn't want to force him into anything or stress him out. All I knew was that I wanted to take him to prom as a date, whether it be just as friends or as partners.

Maybe I should just ask him about Prom, and what he wanted to do. Yeah, that seemed like my best bet at this point.

"I'm so excited!" Phoebe jumped up and down, a wide smile on her face, "prom is going to be so much fun! And I can't wait to go shopping this weekend!"

"Mhm! It's going to be awesome!" Kourtney agreed, "you know what we should do? Perhaps instead of going to the after-party after prom, we could have our own little party at my place??"

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea actually," Joseph nodded his head in agreement.

"Sounds better than just going to another high-school party," Daniel said, "it would be nice for just the seven of us to hang out."

"You know what else would be awesome?? We could make ourselves a cupcake bar!" Asher chimed in.

Adrien hummed at that, nodding his head.

"I agree with Asher on that one."

"I think you may have a mild addiction to cupcakes," I teased him. Adrien looked up at me then, sticking his tongue out at me.

"So? You're always pretty eager to fuel my addiction."

"Touché."

When it was our turn in line, the seven of us stepped up to the table and we bought our tickets. They were assigning people to tables for the prom dinner, and so the seven of us made sure that we all got a table together. Then, after we bought our tickets, we spent the rest of the lunch hour at our usual table in the cafeteria, chatting while eating our lunch. Phoebe kept talking about prom, pretty much making the plans there and then while Kourtney eagerly agreed, and wrote all their ideas down.

Then, when there were only about five minutes left of lunch, we all parted ways so that we could stop and grab our stuff before class. Adrien and I travelled up to the second floor to our lockers together, and as we walked, I was coming up with how I was going to ask him about prom.

"Hey...uh, do you think we could talk for a sec?" I finally asked once Adrien and I stopped at our lockers. Adrien moved to unlock his locker and glanced up at me with a raised brow.

"Yeah, sure. What about?"

"It's...it's about prom," I said hesitantly. Adrien paused when he finally opened his locker, staring into his locker for a few seconds before he fully turned around to face me. He looked a bit nervous.

"What about prom?" He bit his lip.

"Well...we did make plans that we were going to go together," I said, "but...obviously since we had a bit of a falling out, I just wanted to know if we were still going together or not? It doesn't have to be like, a date you know. We could go as friends, like...date friends? Or something? How would you say that? I have no idea what I'm saying. I'll stop rambling now."