Chapter 2: Angel To My Ears

Precious Sins

Chapter II: Angel To My Ears

[Preston's POV]

My phone vibrated against the nightstand, Bon Jovi's Livin' On a Prayer blasting through the speakers and disturbing my sleep. A groan slipped from my lips. I blindly reached my hand over to the nightstand and felt around until my phone was clasped in my hand and turned off the alarm. A single glance was snuck at my phone screen, and I instantly regretted that decision as the bright light blinded me. I quickly squinted my eyes and groaned, turning away the screen.

"Goddammit, it's too early to be waking up," I groaned into the pillow I shove my face in. A month into the new school year and I still wasn't used to getting up at 6:30 every morning. Senior year was going to be the death of me. Another groan was heard from beside me, and when I lifted my head I found myself staring at Adrien, his back turned to me as he rubbed his eyes and slowly pushed himself up from the bed.

He rolled up the sleeves of the long sleeved shirt he was wearing and ran his fingers through his blonde hair. Without much thought, I grabbed the pillow that laid under my head and smacked him in the back with it, gaining his full attention.

"What the hell, Preston?" Adrien snapped his attention over to me, his body twisting around when he looked at me with vibrant green eyes that glistened in a scolding manner. His blonde hair was pushed out of his face, though a single strand hung loose and I smiled at him. He looked cute when he was still in a daze from sleeping.

"What? You were ignoring me," I replied with a smile, quickly covering my face when he snatched the pillow and smacked me in the face with it multiple times.

"I was not ignoring you! Dick," He scoffed, smacking me one last time before dropping the pillow. I looked at him with a teasing smile and he rolled his eyes, "it's 6:30, I'm tired, and we have school. There's also only one shower so."

"That sounds like a race," I concluded with a smirk.

Adrien narrowed his eyes at me, "Hey, I just moved here a couple days ago—I call dibs to shower first."

"You're gonna have to beat me if you want to shower first," I replied, and just as Adrien shot up from the bed, I grabbed his wrist and hauled him back down.

He gasped when his back hit the soft mattress and squirmed against my hold as I held him down before climbing off the bed and hurried out of the bedroom door. Adrien shouted profanities at me. I laughed out loud and ran down the stairs just as I heard footsteps rushing behind me.

"You're such an asshole, Preston! I swear to god!" Adrien shouted behind me. I laughed and jumped the last few steps, only to gasp when he pounced on to my back once my feet were steady on the ground. The sudden added weight with Adrien on my back made me lose my balance and we both went tumbling to the floor with a hard thud.

"Shit!" I yelled, groaning once I hit the ground with Adrien on top of me, crushing me against the hardwood floor. Adrien whined from on top of me, and before I even had the chance to recover he was scrambling to his feet and rushing to the bathroom door.

I gripped my side and pushed myself onto my feet, pausing once Adrien put his hand to the doorknob, and groaned in defeat. I raised a brow with a chuckle.

"What's wrong, princess?"

"Someone's already in the shower!" Adrien pressed his forehead against the door before stepping back just as I walked over.

"Are you kidding me?? Come on! I nearly got my balls bruised for this!" I scoffed in disbelief.

Adrien rolled his eyes at that, flicking my forehead, "your balls are fine."