Chapter 34: Pieces Of My Heart

TW: Sexual Assault (unwanted kissing and touching).

Precious Sins

Chapter XXXIV: Pieces Of My Heart

[Adrien's POV]

"You're so fucking beautiful."

I looked over at Preston, a blush coating my cheeks when I realized that he was staring at me. A warm smile painted his face, one that had my heart doing flip flops in my chest.

"Are you just going to keep staring at me?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Why not? You're cute."

I rolled my eyes at him, but I couldn't help but return the smile, my teeth biting into my lower lip. We were lying side by side on the bed, our textbooks and study notes scattered around us on the bed. We had been doing homework for the last couple of hours before we decided to take a break, and now, we were just laying against the bed in silence, doing nothing except relaxing in the comfortable presence of each other.

"And you're a dork."

"I'm your dork," Preston replied cheekily. I laughed, rolling over so that I could press a kiss to Preston's cheek, to which he returned by kissing me on the lips softly.

"We should probably get up soon. Kourtney and Phoebe are going to be here to get ready for the party tonight in like 15 minutes."

"Ugh, you're right," Preston groaned, briefly looking over at his phone to check the time, and tossed it back down onto the bed. He rolled over and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me closer to him. I grabbed Preston's bicep as he looked at me with a goofy smile, the two of us lying on our sides pressed close to one another, facing each other, "but in the meantime...that means I still have fifteen minutes to cuddle the shit out of you."

"Better not waste any time then. I want all of the cuddles."

Preston smirked, "I never waste time when it comes to cuddles."

I laughed. I snuggled up close against Preston, throwing my leg over his torso as I pressed close against him. Preston held me close by the waist, his fingers running up and down my spine, the soothing action relaxing my body and I became a pile of mush, my head laying against Preston's chest.

And we stayed like that, relaxing in each other's comfort, without any words exchanged. Because we didn't have to say anything to enjoy each other's company. Just being with him, like this, knowing that he was there, was enough for me.

***

When we arrived at the party, it was close to 10 pm. The house was already packed with people, crowds lounging around in all parts of the main floor, playing games, drinking, and dancing to the blaring music. There were decorations hung around in the house. I held onto Preston's hand the moment we had stepped inside with Phoebe, Kourtney, Joseph, and Kade, just so that I didn't end up losing him in the large crowd.

"Hey guys, glad you could make it!" Pierce, one of Preston's football friends and owner of the house the party was at, greeted us with a smile and a drink in his hand. He and Joseph high five in greeting, pulling each other in for a hug and a pat on the back before Pierce did the same with Preston, who grinned.

"Hey Pierce, how ya doing bud? It's been a bit since we talked," Preston said and wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me close to his side. Pierce grinned at the two of us.

"Yeah it has, hasn't it? I've been good actually. I've started playing ice hockey for the spring season at a local league," Pierce explained. Then, he took on a bit of a sheepish demeanour as he rubbed the back of his neck, "and...there's kind of this guy on the team I think I might be interested in? I don't know, he's kind of cool."