Chapter 49: The Moon And Stars

Precious Sins

Chapter XLIX: The Moon And Stars

[Adrien's POV]

Prom.

The days couldn't have gone any faster. The weeks went by in a blink of an eye, and now, it was the last week of May, Saturday evening. It was getting close to five pm, which meant that Preston was going to be here soon to pick me up so that we could go to prom together, and I was still getting ready. I had just finished doing my hair and makeup, and now I was slipping out of my lounge clothes and into the suit that I laid down on my bed. I haven't put it on since I bought it all those weeks ago, and honestly, I was nervous.

I didn't really know why I was nervous. I was excited about prom, excited to be partying with my friends tonight, but anxiety still embraced me. Perhaps because the last time I went to a party something bad happened, but it wasn't like I was going to a high-school house party. This was prom. It was different.

I closed my eyes, took a few deep breaths to calm myself down, and pulled on my dress pants. I then slipped on the forest green blazer and tied the front into a bow.  When I was done, I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a necklace from my jewelry box, and put it on in front of the mirror. It was a necklace that Preston got me a couple of years back, gold with a butterfly charm on it. I sprayed on my vanilla scented perfume, and finally, sat down on my bed so that I could put on my black sandals, that strapped around the ankles and had block heels on them.

When I was done getting ready, I gave myself a once-over in my dresser mirror, and then with a deep breath, walked out of my bedroom. When I stepped into the living room, Mom had been sitting on the couch, watching something on TV, but when she heard me walk in, she sat up and turned to face me.

"Oh my god, you look absolutely stunning!" Mom gushed. She jumped up from the couch and hurried over. She had a giddy smile on her face as she stood in front of me and gave me a once over, her hands covering her mouth, "oh, my baby boy is all grown up! I can't believe this!"

I laughed softly, smiling crookedly at her, "thanks, mom. Is Preston here yet?"

"Jackson said they're on their way, so they should be here in like ten minutes!" Mom said, "oh, but I want to take a picture of you first before they get here!"

Mom quickly grabbed her phone and camera from the coffee table, and then we both stepped outside into the warm spring air, where she had me stand in the sunlight just in front of the front porch. She took several pictures of me, making sure I smiled and posed in different ways. I was pretty sure she was more excited about prom than I was because she took like a million photos of me.

Then, Jackson's car pulled up into the driveway. I watched as their car parked. Jackson stepped out of the car, followed by Preston who stepped out from the passenger's side, a corsage in his hand. When his gaze landed on me, we both just kind of stared at each other from afar, both caught in a moment of speechlessness.

Fuck, he looked good.

"Oh, look at you!!" Mom squealed just as Preston walked over, Jackson following behind him, "you look so handsome, Preston!"

"Thank you, Meghan," Preston laughed, a wide smile on his face. I honestly couldn't keep my eyes off Preston, because he did look handsome. He wore a classic black blazer that he kept unbuttoned, and underneath, he wore a white dress shirt that tucked into his black dress pants and belt. He also wore a forest green tie that matched the suit I was wearing. His hair was cleanly shaved at the sides, his brunette hair on top of his head was styled but not too styled so that it still looked natural, just more cleaned up.