Chapter 33: Kingly Love

Precious Sins

Chapter XXXIII: Kingly Love

[Preston's POV]

"I'll see you at fourth period," Adrien said, and with a smile, he reached up on his tiptoes to kiss me on the lips. His lips were soft against mine, and when he pulled back, I could still see that sparkle of emotion in his eyes from my little performance.

Adrien had been near tears after I finished the song. It made me feel good knowing that the song meant so much to him and knowing that I made such a big impact on him inflated my ego like a balloon. It showed how much he loved me, and sometimes having that reassurance was relieving. Not that I ever questioned his love for me, but it was nice to see that even without words, he could show that love.

"Mhm. I love you, Adrien," I brushed my hand over his cheek.

"I love you too," He replied, and after placing one final kiss against my cheek, he was waving and walking into his third-period class.

I watched him go before I headed back down the crowded hallway. I headed down the stairwell and onto the second floor, steering away from class as I walked straight ahead to Carter's locker, where he was grabbing his books for his next class.

Carter shoved his books into his backpack, and just as he was about to close his locker, he stopped and looked at me with a raised brow and a curious smirk.

"Hey, Preston, what's up?" Carter greeted casually. I leaned against the neighbouring locker, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nothing. I'm only here to tell you one thing, and that's to stay away from Adrien. He doesn't need someone like you hanging around him, especially if it's for ill intentions," I told him.

Carter raised a brow, "Oh, yeah? And what makes you think I have ill intentions towards him, huh?"

I snorted, "seriously? I'm not stupid. You've shared your opinions about Adrien one too many times with me, and you think that when you suddenly start hanging around him, that I'm not going to think you have something in mind?"

"Oh relax, Preston. Those were jokes, I didn't actually mean them. You honestly think I would go after someone who's taken? I'm not that kind of dude. So, maybe you're the one who needs to check themselves because perhaps you're just too insecure to allow Adrien to have any king friends."

"I'm not insecure. I'm simply looking out for him, and that means that you have to stay at a distance," I leaned in, "and if you don't, I'll make you."

"Is that a threat, King?"

"Yea, it is. Stay away from him, Carter," I warned.

"I'll stay away from him, that's if Adrien tells me to. And so far, he hasn't said a single word about that," Carter smirked at me, "does he even know you're here?"

"What makes you think that just because he hasn't said no to you, that it means he wants you around him? Because he doesn't," I scoffed, "I know that for a fact."

Carter raised a brow at me, "Oh yeah? Then why doesn't he know that you're here threatening me right now?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Cause if he really was bothered about me around him, he would know that you're here," Carter said, "but because he doesn't know, clearly he didn't tell you to come here. You're just an insecure prick who needs to be in control of his lover just to make sure he doesn't leave you behind. Is that right? You don't want Adrien hanging out with me, or any king for that matter, because you're afraid that he'll leave you, am I right?"