Chapter 21: Beloved Artwork

Precious Sins

Chapter XXI: Beloved Artwork

[Preston's POV]

Two weeks into the second semester of high-school, It almost felt like a breath of fresh air. For once in my life, I was actually content about going to school, and that's not because of the schoolwork. While senior year was stressful, to me, it also seemed easier. Relationships with teachers were different but in a good way. We were making goals that strived towards what we wanted, and any choice we made was towards the rest of our lives, career or not.

As long as it fits what we were passionate about, and as long as we were happy, it didn't matter what we chose to do with our lives.

I had Adrien as a boyfriend, whom I loved dearly. I applied to multiple universities in early December, praying that I would get into at least one, and now I was starting the last semester of high-school as an adult. Still don't feel eighteen yet but whatever.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that today was Valentine's Day? Because it was. And I had great plans for it once the school day was over.

When the bell rang for lunch, I packed up my binder and calculus textbook and followed the flood of students out of the classroom. I walked down the busy hallway and headed towards my locker, a smile pulling the corners of my lips upwards when I noticed Adrien at our lockers, putting away his books.

I smirked. I hurried behind him, a gasp falling from his lips as I wrapped my arms around him from behind. I dipped my head down and pressed my lips all over his neck and cheek. My heart soared at the sound of his laugh, and when he lifted his head up to smile at me, I kissed his lips softly.

"Well hello to you too," Adrien laughed softly against my lips. I grinned, pecking his lips once more before I pulled back, enjoying the way Adrien's green eyes glinted, and the way his cheeks warmed from my attention.

"How was your spare period?" I asked, letting go of him and moved to open my locker. Adrien grabbed his lunch from his locker, sliding it into his bag.

"It was good. Asher and I spent the spare period in the art room," Adrien answered. Then, just as I was putting away my books, Adrien got a cheeky grin on his face, "and speaking of art...I made something for you."

I turned my gaze back over to him, a smile breaking out onto my face as I raised a brow, "You did?"

"Mhmm..." He hummed. I watched as he reached into his locker, my eyes widening as he pulled out a medium-sized painting, and he held the piece of artwork up for me to see. It was a painted abstract portrait of Kodey with his tongue sticking out, and the more I stared at it, the more my heart began to swell. It looked fucking amazing, beautiful and colourful and just...perfect. He was such an amazing artist and the painting of Kodey honed his skills. And the fact that he took the time to make me something? I wanted to kiss him.

"Happy Valentine's day, my love," Adrien smiled goofily. He handed the painting to me. I took it from his hands, my gaze still not leaving the painting as I stared at it in awe. Adrien truly was talented and amazing.

"This is fucking beautiful, you know that?" I breathed, finally shifting my gaze back to Adrien. I was left completely breathless from the gift, my heart swelling in size. My love for him just kept growing, and I knew he could see the emotion in my eyes because his gaze softened as he dug his teeth into his lower lip, eyes locked with my own.

"Yea? I wanted to do something special for you...and I know how much Kodey means to you seeing as he's your childhood pet. So, I decided to paint him for you."

"And it's amazing, thank you. You're so talented," I laughed. Adrien smiled sheepishly at me. I wanted to kiss that smile. I wanted to show him how much I loved him. But it was going to have to wait till later tonight.

"You're very welcome. I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? I love it," I scoffed at him. I carefully tucked the painting into my locker, mentally telling myself to hang it up in my room as soon as we got home. I closed my locker and turned to Adrien, a smirk falling onto my face once more, "I also have something for you...but you'll have to wait."

Adrien quirked brow at me, curiosity adorning his beautiful face, "you do?"

"Mhmm...Indeed I do," I leaned down and whispered, sealing the words with a quick peck on his lips. I shrugged my bag over my shoulder, grinning triumphantly at the eagerness on Adrien's face. The curiosity was sparkling in his eyes. But I wasn't going to tell him.

After stopping at our lockers, we took a trip down to the cafeteria for lunch, Adrien's hand locked with my own. The entire main floor of the school was decorated with pink and red banners, heart stickers stuck on the windows and walls. They were even selling candy grams in the main hallway.

"Hey guys! Happy Valentine's Day!" Kourtney exclaimed excitedly the moment Adrien and I joined our friends at our usual table. Kade was sitting beside her, snacking on a cupcake that they were selling in the cafeteria. I smiled at her in greeting, grabbing a vacant chair and pulled it up to the table, Adrien sitting beside me.

"Happy Valentine's Day Kourtney. How's your day been?" I asked her.

"Amazing! Kade surprised me with some flowers and a small gift basket of my favourite candy. I can't wait to snack on Reese's pieces tonight," She smirked, nudging Kade with her elbow. Kade smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"Oh, yea? Adrien also surprised me with a gift," I grinned, shifting my gaze to Adrien. His cheeks heated up as I winked at him, Asher and Phoebe aweing out loud.

"Did you like it?? Adrien told me about the idea so I spent the last few days with him in the art room during spare to watch him paint," Asher chimed in. He had his hand resting over the top of his stomach, which was rounded and more visible through his oversized flannel. Our entire friend group found out about his pregnancy during our Christmas party when he told us, and now, it was harder for him to hide it. Not like he could. Word got around quickly so by January the whole school practically knew. We didn't know who started the rumour, but we couldn't do anything about it. The cat was out of the bag.

"I loved it. How could I not love it?" I chuckled. Asher shrugged, biting into his french fry.

"What was the painting?" Daniel butted in. His locs were pulled up into a knot on top of his head, his arm draped across the back of Asher's chair as he leaned in a snuck a french fry from Asher's plate. Asher scoffed, eyeing him with a look of suspicion, to which Daniel returned with a playful smirk.

"Adrien painted me a picture of my dog Kodey."

"Oh, yeah? That's cool. What did ya get him?" Daniel raised a brow my way. It was my turn to smirk.

"That's a surprise."

"An annoying surprise, I wanna know!" Adrien groaned from beside me. He pulled out his container of pasta from his bag, stabbing his fork into the noodles. I laughed in amusement at the forming pout on his face. I kissed his cheek.

"I'm with ya. Joseph has some sort of surprise date planned, and I'm skeptical," Phoebe turned to look at her boyfriend with narrowed eyes.

Joseph smiled innocently, "Hey, it's nothing bad. Stop looking at me like that!"

"I don't believe you."

I stifled back my laughter, though Asher and Kourtney didn't bother holding back and laughed away anyways. For the rest of lunch, we spent the time talking about nonsense, and the upcoming volleyball games in which Daniel was on the team. Though I spent most of my time glancing at Adrien, excitement bubbling up in my chest the more I thought about my surprise for him.

I couldn't wait for tonight.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

A/N: UPDATEEE! Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Managed to get some writing sprints in so I was able to finish pretty quickly ;)

Also! Quick reminder that chapter 26 is already up on my Patreon (link in my bio), so if you want to get ahead, you can!