Chapter 30: Birthday Pancakes

Precious Sins

Chapter XXX: Birthday Pancakes

[Adrien's POV]

"Happy birthday, baby."

I felt kisses being pressed against my face and neck. I groaned slightly, rubbing at my eyes before I forced them open, only to come face to face with a smiling Preston. I blinked my eyes and rubbed them a few times to rid of the blurriness. He was leaning over the top of me with a cheeky look on his face, shirtless with his upper body on display. I smiled softly at him, rolling onto my back so that I was facing him.

"Mm...thank you," I hummed, reaching my hand up to brush my hand over his cheek, "though...did you really have to wake me up early just to say that?"

Preston chuckled. He laid his hand over the top of mine, the one that was on his cheek, and gave it a gentle squeeze, "well, I got to get ready for school, so yea. I wanted to wish you a happy birthday before I left. That, and I just wanted to check in one you."

"I'm fine, Preston, don't worry," I smiled reassuringly at him. Preston hummed at that and leaned down to kiss my cheek.

"You sure? Haven't been experiencing any symptoms?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I haven't experienced any type of symptoms."

"Mmm, okay. But let me know if you ever start feeling weird or anything," Preston placed another kiss to my cheek, and then my forehead. I smiled and nodded, "oh, and another reason why I woke you up. Your mom made you your favourite pancakes for breakfast, so you better get up before I decide to eat them all."

I scoffed at him, smacking his chest lightly, "you better not eat all the pancakes!"

"Oh, yea? Then get your sweet little ass out of bed," He smirked. I rolled my eyes and moved to smack him again, but he was jumping out of bed before I had the chance to. He was wearing nothing but the black boxer briefs that he wore to bed, making me bite my lip as I watched his muscles flex from his movements. He walked over to the dresser to grab some clothes, and I watched with a heavy sigh, moving to sit up on the bed.

Okay, I may have lied about the no symptoms thing, but I didn't want to worry him. Not yet anyway. It's been a little over two weeks since our little mess up, and while I wasn't feeling anything unusual, I was supposed to have started my cycle on Monday, and it was now Friday. I've never been late, so that was concerning.

But I didn't want to jump to conclusions, and I didn't want to tell Preston until I knew for sure.

I got up out of bed. Preston slid on a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants before he wandered out of the bedroom, and I followed. Instantly the smell of pancakes assaulted my nose, and I couldn't help but groan. Ugh, just thinking about mom's blueberry pancakes was making my mouth water.

We reached the kitchen. My mom stood over by the stove in her pyjamas, flipping pancakes in a skillet. There was already a plate stacked with pancakes next to her, and I was eager to grab myself a plate and get eating. Jackson looked up from where he was sitting at the table with a newspaper in his hand when he noticed Preston and I walking in, and he lowered his reading glasses.

"Good morning kiddos! Oh, and Happy birthday, Adrien!" Jackson greeted with a smile. I returned the smile as Preston wandered over to my mom, eyeing the pancakes she was currently flipping.

"Thank you," I replied with a laugh. I turned my gaze to Preston as he discreetly reached over to grab a pancake off the plate, only to be slapped on the hand and glared at by my mom. Preston flinched and instantly pulled his hand away, an innocent smile dancing on his lips. I laughed at his reaction, Jackson snorting with a roll of his eyes.