Chapter 23: Mr. Muscles

Precious Sins

Chapter XXIII: Mr. Muscles

[Preston's POV]

I exhaled a deep breath as I extended the weighted bar upwards, away from my chest, and then inhaled as I brought the bar down, and repeated the motion. Joseph stood behind me, his hands lingering underneath the bar as he spotted me on the bench press.

I did a couple more reps on the bench press, and when my arms were starting to burn immensely, I lifted the bar back onto the hooks with Joseph's help. I sat up, shaking out my arms.

"Holy cow, Preston. Bench pressing 180 pounds? That's impressive," Joseph said to me. We were both sweating from our heavy work outs. On Wednesdays Daniel, Joseph, and I spent our lunch break in the fitness room at school, working out with the rest of our sports buddies. And I could say today, so far, was a pretty successful workout session.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the edge of my muscle tee, and glanced at Joseph with a smirk. I caught the water bottle he threw at me, "Yea? Think you can beat that?"

Joseph snorted, "not yet, but I will."

I laughed. I took a sip from my water bottle. I glanced over to Daniel as he walked over from where he was at the squat machine, and grinned, "hey Danny, think you can bench press 180?"

"I80? Try 200," Daniel raised a brow at us as he stepped over, setting his water bottle down onto the floor. I watched with a grin, and then moved off the bench as Daniel moved to take my place.

Joseph put an extra twenty pounds onto the bar, totaling the weight up to two-hundred pounds. Then, Daniel laid back underneath the bar on the bench, grabbed it with his hands, and as Joseph spotted him, helped him lift it off the hooks. I watched as Daniel was able to lower the bar towards his chest and then push it up, repeating for a couple more reps before he was putting it back onto the hooks.

I scoffed, smirking as Daniel sat back up on the bench, and turned to Joseph and I with a triumphed look on his face.

"See? 200 pounds, easy."

"Yup, you definitely have us beat," I laughed, shaking my head with a smile.

Joseph pouted, "this is not fair. You both can bench heavy weight and here I am, stuck at a measly 160. I'm such a weakling."

"Hey, I mean...from how scrawny you were in freshman year, you've come a long way, Mr. Muscles."

Daniel snorted. Joseph rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out at me before he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Anyways, how are you and Asher doing with the pregnancy? I mean, it must be a bit difficult right now," Joseph brought up. Daniel paused as I handed him his water bottle, and he took it with a thanks and sipped from it.

"We're doing okay. Now that his nausea is gone, his appetite has been through the roof. He eats all the time," Daniel chuckled, "oh, and his sex drive, it's fucking wild."

I laughed, a smirk on my face, "oh, yea? You must be having the time of your life then."

"I can barely keep up, and that's saying a lot," Daniel chuckled, "but in all seriousness, I have a job now so I've been working a lot recently. While my parents are being supportive and will be helping us, they still want me to be able to provide for Asher and the baby, so after school I head to work. But, it's hard because it means I have to leave Asher alone at his house and I'm not comfortable with him being at his own place."

I raised a brow, "why not? Is something going on with him and his dad?"

Daniel sighed, "His dad has never liked me, and I have never liked him. But...there's just something about him that puts me off...I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid but I don't feel comfortable when Asher's there. Especially now that he's pregnant. Asher won't listen to me though and says it's fine."