Chapter 29: Plan B

Precious Sins

Chapter XXIX: Plan B

[Adrien's POV]

My thoughts were racing a mile a minute. The moment that I felt something drip between my legs, I knew instantly that we fucked up. I could barely move from the fear that grasped onto my bones, sending ice-cold shocks throughout my body. I couldn't believe that we forgot to use a condom. God, I couldn't believe it slipped my mind! I should have paid more attention!

And it didn't help that Preston wasn't saying anything, he just looked at me with a shocked look on his face, mouth parted slightly as if he was trying to find something to say. My heart was pounding so fast in my chest, that I could hear it in my ears. I had to take a few breaths to stop myself from spiralling into a panic.

I could get pregnant. I didn't know what I would do if I got pregnant because of this. Preston was only eighteen. I was still seventeen. We couldn't have a baby now. We weren't ready. I wasn't ready, and just the thought of being pregnant right now was enough to send tears into my eyes, panic consuming me as I pulled my shirt down to cover myself, suddenly feeling exposed and uncomfortable as I dragged my knees up to my chest.

"Oh god. Oh god—"

"Adrien..." Preston said gently, a frown on his face. Tears filled my eyes before I could stop them and rolled down my cheeks, a sob teetering it's way up my throat. I wrapped my arms around my legs, resting my head against my knees and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Hey...it's okay, hun...don't cry," Preston bit his lip. He scooted closer and pulled me against him, his arms wrapping around me. My body trembled as I cried, my arm reaching out to grip Preston's shirt, and I leaned against his chest as he held me.

"I-I don't want to be pregnant, Preston, not right now," I whimpered, shaking my head. Preston shushed me quietly, holding me tight against him as he started to sway us side to side.

"It's only one time, babe...you might not get pregnant from this one mistake. Your cycle isn't for another couple weeks, right? Your chances are lowered when you're not on your cycle," Preston reassured, gently brushing his hand up and down my arm, "the drugstore is probably still open. It's open twenty-four hours. We can go and grab you a Plan B right now for a safety measure."

I nodded my head shakily. I held onto Preston for a few more minutes, savouring his warm comfort, and willed myself to calm down. When I was able to cease my crying, I inhaled a shaky breath, wiped the tears off my face, and pulled myself from Preston's hold. He flashed me a gentle smile. I bit my lip. He helped me clean myself up with the Kleenex we kept in the car, and then, I grabbed my underwear and jeans off the ground and slipped them back on.

"Hey...I'm sorry, Adrien. I got carried away. I should have made sure I had a condom on me before we did anything," Preston grabbed my hand gently, gaining my attention. He had a guilty look in his eyes. I shook my head, wiping underneath my eyes before I smiled lightly at him.

"It's okay...it's my fault too. We were both a bit reckless."

"I guess...but you shouldn't have to worry about getting pregnant because I was an idiot and forgot to use a condom. I should have been more responsible because you're the one that has to deal with consequences," Preston mumbled. I frowned. Just by the look on his face, I could tell he was beating himself up about it.

"I'm not mad at you, Preston...like I said, it's my responsibility too, so...let's just go to the drugstore and get the plan B, okay? I just really want to go to bed."

Preston sighed heavily and nodded his head. He pressed a kiss to my forehead before he slipped on his winter coat, and slipped back into the driver's seat of the car. I grabbed my own coat and carefully moved back into the passenger seat. Then, Preston started the car, pulled out of the driveway, and we headed to the drugstore.