Chapter 6: Change My Mind

Precious Sins

Chapter VI: Change My Mind

[Preston's POV]

After peeling off my sweaty gym clothes and having a quick shower to rinse off the sweat and stench, I changed back into my distressed jeans and white v-neck shirt. I ran my fingers through my damp hair and sprayed on some cologne before picking up my school bag, shrugging it over my shoulders.

"See you at practice tomorrow Preston?" One of my football buddies, Brandon, called out to me. I turned to him with a smirk, holding my hand up for a high-five, and he slapped our hands together.

"Yup, I'll be there though I'll be a little late. I have practiced for the Halloween assembly on Friday."

"What song are you even performing anyways? You've been keeping so many secrets lately, Preston! First, your song choice and now your crush?" Brandon wiggled his brows. I rolled my eyes at him, letting out a scoff.

"Has word been spreading around?" I asked. I wasn't surprised. Kourtney was a blabbermouth. When she got excited about something, she wanted to make sure everyone knew about it. At least she didn't know who it was, because I didn't want the surprise ruined. The song I was singing, it was a song to Adrien, basically expressing my feelings without him knowing. Plus, he would be in the crowd and now that Phoebe figured out who I was crushing on, she was going to make sure he had front row seats.

And after a long night of texting with her, she convinced me to 'man the eff up' and tell Adrien about my feelings. So, I decided that I would tell him that I liked him after the Halloween party on Friday night. She was confident and thought it would go well. I'm a confident guy, not to toot my own horn, but when it came to Adrien, I was a fucking dork. Seriously.

I just hoped it went well.

"Yup. All of the football team knows, and pretty much all the seniors and a few juniors. Everyone is curious about who it is and want to know," Brandon chuckled.

"Well, they won't have to wait too much longer. I'll be telling them after the Halloween party at Annie's. Hopefully, if it goes well, I'll be able to announce my relationship publicly," I winked. Brandon laughed at that, clasping his hand on my back.

"Good luck to you, man. I'm rooting for you."

After a solid clasp the shoulder, Brandon and I walked out of the changeroom. I stopped and turned to see Adrien leaning against the lockers in the hallway, waiting for me. He looked so cute in his denim jacket and loosed fitted white button-up underneath. Adrien styled his hair up and out of his face in faint blonde curls, freckles spread across his cheeks and nose. I waved at Brandon as he left down the hall before walking over to Adrien, who noticed me and flashed a sweet smile.

"Took you long enough. The bell is going to ring for third period in like a minute," Adrien said, pushing off the lockers and stood up straight. He looked up at me with crossed arms, and I couldn't help but admire how cute he was.

I bit back the sexual comment I wanted to make, and instead said, "yea, I was talking to Brandon about the Halloween Assembly on Friday. Everyone is dying to know what song I'm going to sing."

"Yea, so am I. I don't even know what you're singing, and I'm damn curious," Adrien pouted. I smiled at him, reaching up to cup his cheek.

"You'll find out on Friday," I replied. Adrien sighed at that. I let go of his cheek and instead grabbed his hand, yanking him closer to my side so that I could wrap my arm around him. Adrien wrapped an arm around my waist, comfortably hugging my side as I started down the hall, heading to our third-period class. We both had Chemistry, so I would be able to stare at him for an entire seventy-five minutes while he took notes.