Chapter 26: Faithful Heart

Precious Sins

Chapter XXVI: Faithful Heart

[Preston's POV]

"Geez, someone looks like they're in a bad mood," Joseph commented as I walked into Drama class, a minute after the second and final bell. My classmates sat around on chairs in a big circle by the small makeshift stage, caught up in their own conversations. I released a heavy sigh and sat down in the vacant chair next to Joseph, setting my bag down at my feet.

I was still pissed. My chest burned with anger. I was annoyed that I caught Carter talking to Adrien at our lockers, more so because Adrien was actually smiling at him. I didn't want Adrien around Carter because I knew for a fact Carter was up to no good. He was always up to no good. And if he was hanging around my boyfriend while I wasn't there, that was a clear tell tale sign that he was up to something. But clearly Adrien doesn't see that.

The fact that he had been around him for a week and Adrien hadn't told me unsettled me too. Maybe I was overreacting, but I couldn't help the aggression and possession that clung to my bones. Was Adrien going to tell me? And why didn't he say anything sooner?

"Adrien and I got into an argument," I told him. Joseph raised a brow, a curious frown on his lips.

"An argument? What about?"

"I went to meet him at our lockers so I could walk him to class, and when I got there, he was talking to Carter. I got mad and we got into an argument when I told him that I didn't want him talking to Carter," I explained. I let out a groan as I leaned forwards, resting my forehead against the palm of my hands, "fuck, we have disagreements, but never like this."

"Just relax, you two will work it out. While I know you two are best friends and that hasn't changed, you guys are also boyfriends now. You're going have arguments you've never had, especially jealous arguments," Joseph pointed out, "if you don't want Adrien to talk to Carter, telling him what to do isn't the way to go."

"Yea...I guess. Carter is an ass. He drives me up the fucking wall, and I know he's not just talking to Adrien because he wants to be friends with him, he's doing it to spite me," I mumbled, "I don't want him near Adrien."

"Just talk to Adrien about it after school. As I said, you two will work it out because you always work things out. This is just something new you both have to deal with now that you guys are together. But obviously, you should tame that anger of yours. You being in a jealous fit won't do you any good," Joseph said, patting me on the shoulder. I gave him a dry stare.

"I'm not jealous—I'm annoyed that Carter is being an obnoxious asshole."

"That—and you're jealous. You don't want other kings hitting on Adrien," Joseph chuckled.

I scoffed at that, "he's my boyfriend, of course, I don't want other kings hitting on him."

"And you can't stop other kings from hitting on him. Whether it be at school or in public, he's bound to get hit on. But you shouldn't have to worry because Adrien is obviously fucking faithful to you, so keep that jealous beast of yours tame. And if you really are concerned about Carter being around him, explain to him why rather than just yelling at him and telling him what to do."

I sighed at that. I slumped my shoulders, brushing my fingers through my hair, "I hate that you're right."

Joseph smirked, "I know your stubborn ass hates it."

I rolled my eyes at him. I opened my mouth to say something, but before I had the chance to, our Drama teacher Mr. Sloane walked into class with his usual utmost enthusiasm and got started with attendance, and a quick warm-up skit. Joseph was right anyways. While I didn't want to see Adrien hurt by Carter, telling him what to do and getting mad at him for something he saw as meaningless was not the way to go. Adrien was a nice person. If someone asked to be his friend, he would say yes in a heartbeat without thinking anything more about it. Getting mad at him for it was a low blow from me.