Chapter 14: First Lunch Date

Precious Sins

Chapter XIV: First Lunch Date

[Adrien's POV]

I couldn't concentrate in English. Even while the teacher talked and wrote on the board, everything went straight through my head.

I didn't like that Marci was mad at me, even if it was my fault. She was my friend and I didn't mean to upset her in that way. Her words still stung and they kept repeating themselves over and over again in my head.

"You alright, Adrien?" Joseph asked from his seat beside me. I blinked and glanced at him, releasing a heavy sigh.

"Yea...I'm fine," I murmured. I stared at the chrome book in front of me, realizing that I haven't written a single note down. Joseph let out a heavy sigh beside me.

"I'll give you the notes later. Look, don't take what Marci said to heart. She isn't being a good friend and she'll get over it eventually," Joseph explained.

I nodded my head with a sigh. When class was over and the bell rang, I turned off the chrome book and plugged it back on the computer rack. I walked with Joseph out of the classroom before we said goodbye and parted ways.

I walked through the crowd and headed down to my locker. When I got there, I noticed Preston was already there, grabbing his jacket and shrugging it on. His gaze turned to me, and the moment he flashed me a smile, it was like all my limbs turned to jello.

His smile was literally everything. I couldn't help but smile back, sinking my teeth into my lower lip as I walked over to him. I went up on my tippy-toes and cupped his cheek, pressing a kiss to his lips.

Preston grinned widely, his arms wrapping around my waist, "hello there beautiful, how was your last period?"

"Mm...it was alright," I smiled. Preston kissed my cheek. I stepped back from him and moved around to my locker, twisting in the lock code before opening it.

"Yea? You've been quiet since lunch. Are you still feeling bad about Marci?" Preston asked. I frowned slightly, putting away my books before grabbing my coat.

"Yea...I don't know. No one's ever...called me that, so it just kind of threw me off," I sighed. Preston closed his locker and turned to face me.

"Well, I can tell you that you aren't one. It's a degrading term and no one should be called a slut based on their sex life. She was wrong for doing that. What we do together in the privacy of our own room is our own business and it doesn't label you as anything," He said. I nodded my head and closed my locker, shrugging my bag over my shoulder.

"Thanks...I really like you and I want this to work, so I guess it doesn't help that there is some drama in the way," I murmured, smiling at him softly. Preston returned the smile, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"A little drama won't get in the way of our relationship. I don't care if Marci doesn't like it, because I like you and that's all that matters to me. That I like you and that I know I have you," Preston stated, "and...enough talk of this drama. How about we make a stop on our way home and grab a late lunch? Like a date?"

"That sound's nice," I smiled crookedly.

"Awesome," Preston smirked. He pressed one last kiss onto my lips before he took my hand in his, and we made our way outside.