Chapter 4: Cherry Blush

Precious Sins

Chapter IV: Cherry Blush

[Preston's POV]

The look on Adrien's face as we pulled up to the mall was priceless. Even as I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the costume shop crowded with people, it didn't take a genius to tell that he regretted every decision he ever made in his life—particularly this one.

"Tell me again why I even agreed to this?" Adrien groaned, dragging his feet. He looked at the large wall of costumes on display, on the racks, accessories and other Halloween decor spread out throughout the shop, much to his despair.

"Because you love me?" I looked down at Adrien with a smile. He rolled his eyes at me, nudging me with his arm.

"And...tell me why I love you again?" He asked, looking up at me with an innocent look on his face. It was my turn to scoff at him.

"Because I am your best friend in the whole world, and also seeing as you live with me now, you can't actually hate me," I started, quickly clamping my fingers over Adrien's mouth to shush his smart ass comments, "if you really hated me then well...why are you here?"

"Touché," Adrien said once I freed his mouth. He linked our arms together nudging me towards the costumes, "come on, let's just get our costumes. By the way...you owe me a movie date."

"Alright," I laughed, shaking my head with a smile. Adrien returned the smile, one that made his face light up like a sunny summer day. We both walked towards the large wall of costumes, pushing through the small crowd of people.

We managed to find a police costume for Adrien in no time, but since it was too high up on the wall for us to reach, it resulted in Adrien climbing on my shoulders to grab it and us almost stumbling to the ground, but hey, we got the costume! I mean, we could have asked an employee to grab it for us, but where was the fun in that?

The police costume consisted of the navy blue tight fit uniform shirt with a badge and leather pants, much to my amusement. Just picturing Adrien wearing this outfit alone was enough to get my excitement spiking. I bet his ass would look so fucking sexy in those leather pants. Honestly, my best friend looked good in everything he wore, I didn't doubt he would look tasteful in this costume.

God, now I couldn't wait to see him in this outfit. The party wasn't until the weekend so I wouldn't even get to see him in the damn thing until then.

Okay, Preston. Quit thinking about your best friend like that.

I let out a heavy sigh, quickly shaking the thoughts out of my head. I turned my attention back to Adrien once he had the costume in his hands, his gaze fixed solely on the variety of costumes. His blonde hair was pulled out of his face, his fringed combed back, tousled in a way that made it look effortless. He was dressed in a beige coat with a red scarf draped around his neck, and dark washed jeans that folded around his ankles. Though, Adrien could be wearing a pair of sweatpants and I would still say he looked gorgeous.

"Hey look! They have an orange jumpsuit! I mean, it has long sleeves but we could just cut them off?" Adrien said, hurrying to a rack of costumes, snapping me out of my short thought process.

"Well would you look at that," I smirked. He took the jumpsuit off the hook, making his way back over to me.

"Here you go, fine sir," Adrien grinned, tossing me the jumpsuit.

"Thanks babe," I winked, catching the costume from him. A blush was quick to form along Adrien's cheeks, bright and vibrant and easy for me to see the sudden bashful look on his face.