Chapter 9: Sweet Vanilla

Precious Sins

Chapter IX: Sweet Vanilla

[Adrien's POV]

"Wow, you two look amazing!" Phoebe exclaimed as Preston opened the car door, letting me slip into the back seat. Joseph and Phoebe sat in the front, Kourtney sitting in the back. Phoebe and Joseph looked amazing in their Grease costumes. They were dressed in leather with Phoebe's hair crimped and Joseph's hair slicked back. Kourtney dressed up as Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. Her hair was curled down to her waist with a crown sitting on top, and she wore a pink gown that matched Aurora's. They all looked good.

I smiled at Phoebe, "thanks. You guys look amazing too."

Kourtney whistled as I sat down beside her, a smirk on her face. Preston hopped in after me, the three of us squished in the back seat, "Yea, gosh Adrien. You look sexy as fuck. Do you know how many kings will be eyeballing you tonight?"

A blush rose to my cheeks, "Yea...that's not going to happen."

Phoebe snorted as if I said something that was funny. She pulled out of the driveway and started driving. Joseph scoffed from beside her, "as a friend who is a king, you're going to get some eyes on you. You're attractive, Adrien, and the fact that no one has ever seen you dressed like that? Yea, people are going to stare."

I frowned. I was feeling self conscious about myself. While I liked the costume I was wearing, it was way out of my comfort zone. The leather pants were so tight I felt exposed in them. But...I guess I wouldn't mind some attention from a few guys. I needed to get Preston out of my mind so maybe talking to a few kings at the party would help.

I'm seventeen, and I've only ever had one kiss. I never had a boyfriend, and I was still a virgin. I didn't know how to talk to guys nor did I think they would be interested anyways. Preston was the complete opposite of me. He was popular, attractive, and he was confident. He's hooked up with a few queens before at parties, always approaching who he found interesting without being nervous. But why would he be? He was charming and everyone loved him.

I glanced over to him briefly. He was laughing at something Phoebe had said. He looked good in his costume. The fake tattoos on him only made him look hotter and I couldn't help but feel attracted to him. And because I felt attracted to him, the sudden thought of him hooking up with someone tonight left a heavy weight on my chest. It felt like it was on fire. What if he did hook up with someone? What if he hooked up with Marci?

Why did she have to like him?

When we pulled up to Annie's house, Phoebe parked her car along the side of the street. I could hear the music from inside her house, her driveway already filled with cars as people were arriving in their costumes. Her house was fairly large. Her family was well off when it came to finances, so her parties were always the best. I wouldn't be surprised if all the seniors were to arrive at her house tonight.

We got out of the car. I thanked Preston as he helped me step out. He had a smile on his face as he placed his hand on my back, and the five of us walked down the street to Annie's house, walking up the large driveway and headed inside through the front door. The loud music run in my ears followed by heavy chatter, the house already being packed with people.

"Hey guys!" I turned my gaze to see Annie approaching, her girlfriend Hollie right beside her. They were both wearing a couple's costume, dressed up as Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Annie had a red solo cup in her hands, the smell of alcohol intoxicating my nose.

"Hey Annie! You two look so good! Love the costumes!" Kourtney beamed from beside me.

"Thank you! You look so pretty as well! I'm jealous," Annie laughed. She slipped her arm around Hollie's waist, "anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the party! Alcohol and munchies are in the kitchen when you want them, so have fun and go wild!"