Chapter 22: Valentine's Day Lovefest

Precious Sins

Chapter XXII: Valentine's Day Lovefest

[Adrien's POV]

Valentine's Day.

Usually, there wasn't too much excitement when anticipating the most romantic day of the year. Though, our friends still celebrated the holiday as a way to celebrate our love of friendship. Every year, Preston and I would express the love we had for each other as best-friends through candy grams and gifts, but this year...was entirely different.

Different in the sense that we were celebrating the holiday not only as best friends but as lovers as well. And that small new detail has made the holiday seem all the more exciting. My heart tingled just thinking about it. I expressed my love for Preston every single day, but today, I got to spoil the hell out of him.

The painting I made for him, it took me hours, days. I spent the whole week during my spare period working on it because I wanted it to be perfect just for him. I even had Ms. Sawyer's input on the painting because she was my favourite art teacher and she has helped me become the artist I am today. I looked up at her. Even though I wasn't confident about pursuing a career in Art despite badly wanting to, she encouraged me to apply for art school back in December. So I did, along with a few other university programs in case I didn't get in. 

"So, since it's Valentine's day, and our parents are going out tonight, I was thinking we stop by the convenience store to grab some munchies and order take out for dinner later?" Preston nudged me with his elbow as we walked down the sidewalk. We walked hand in hand. Snow fell from the sky. It was freezing cold and my cheeks stung from the icy breeze.

"Is this part of the surprise you have planned?" I glanced up at Preston with a smile. Preston smirked at me, letting go of my hand to wrap his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close against him. I laughed and leaned into him, wrapping both my arms around his torso.

"Maybe," Preston chuckled, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. I smiled softly at that, nuzzling my face against his shoulder. His winter coat was cold to the touch against my cheek, but I didn't care too much. His arms were comforting.

We reached the convenience store. When we walked inside, Preston and I started wandering around the store and grabbed a variety of candy, chocolate, and other munchies. We stuffed them into a basket before paying for them at the register—well, Preston paid for it as he didn't allow me to pay for any of it.

When we got home, we kicked off our shoes and shrugged off our coats. We were greeted as per usual by our dog Kodey, and eventually, my mom stepped into the mudroom to greet us as well. Jackson wasn't home yet seeing he was still at work, but I knew once he got off work he and my mom would be going out for dinner on a date...Which meant that Preston and I would have the house to ourselves tonight.

"Will you two be okay while we're gone? We'll probably be gone till late tonight because we'll be meeting up with a few friends after dinner," Mom asked us.

"We'll be fine mom, we're adults now. We know how to take care of ourselves," I reassured. My mom scoffed.

"You're not an adult—you're still seventeen!" She gave me a pointed look, then looked to Preston, "and you sir, may be eighteen now but you still act like a child."

"Relax, Meghan. We've been home alone before. We'll be fine. Don't 'cha worry," Preston smiled at her amusedly.

"Mhmm. Don't forget to use condoms," She pointed at both of us. Then, she turned around and headed back to the kitchen. A heavy blush painted my cheeks. Preston snorted, stifling back laughter, only to burst out laughing when I elbowed him in the stomach.