Chapter 15: Cheer My Name

Precious Sins

Chapter XV: Cheer My Name

[Adrien's POV]

For two weeks Marci didn't talk to me.

Whenever I went to art class, she would avoid me like the plague and sit with another group. Even during lunch, she didn't sit at our table. Phoebe thought she was being ridiculous; she even tried to talk to her at one point because she shared a class with Marci during fourth period, but she refused to sit with us because I was there.

I couldn't complain. I understood why she was mad. But having a friend mad at you; it leaves a weighing pain on your chest. Having a friend mad at you is the worst thing someone could experience besides heartbreak, because it stung.

Asher's been acting off as well. This week in particular, he's missed four days in a row. Daniel was especially worried because Asher complained about being sick more often, and now he wasn't showing up at school. Which made sense, if he had a stomach bug then it wasn't useful in coming to school.

"Phoebe was talking about maybe going out for lunch instead of hanging out in the cafeteria during break. Did you want to go?" Preston asked.

"Yea, sure. Where will we be having lunch?" I turned to face Preston. He closed his locker, shrugging his bag over his shoulder.

"Probably just the cafe across the street. Everyone will be meeting by the front doors after second period so we can all walk over together," Preston replied.

"Alright, sounds good. I'll see you at lunch," I smiled. Preston returned the smile.

We exchanged a quick kiss, and once the bell rang, the hallways were swarmed with students heading to class. I sighed when Preston started making his way to math class, watching him fade until he was out of sight. I bit my lip. I turned around, a sharp gasp slipping from my lips as Asher suddenly appeared in front of me, making me nearly run into him.

"Oh my god, Asher, you scared me!" I exclaimed, placing a hand against my chest. He didn't say anything, and when I noticed the look on his face, my brows furrowed in concern.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. Asher bit his lip. He had a shaken look on his face. His face was pale, and he wore a baggy hoodie, honestly looking like he didn't bother to get ready this morning.

"I-I need to tell you something. Bathroom," Asher said. I frowned at him worriedly, but nodded my head nonetheless. Then, Asher was grabbing my wrist, quickly hauling me down the hall and to the bathroom.

Asher pulled me into the bathroom. He didn't say anything at first, and instead waited until a group of queens left the bathroom, and then it was just the two of us and the silence that lingered. I watched as Asher started to pace back and forth. His arms were crossed over his chest. There was a panicked look on his face, his lip caught between his teeth.

"Asher, what's going on?" I spoke up when he stayed silent and continued to pace. He stopped pacing. He turned his gaze to me, eyes glistening with forming tears.

"I'm pregnant," Asher blurted out suddenly. My eyes widened at him. He reached his hands up and gripped his hair, starting to pace again as tears rolled down his face, "I'm fucking pregnant."

"Asher..." I spoke gently. I didn't even know what to say to him. I was so shocked that no words were coming to my mind. I could see how stressed out he was about this — he looked like he was on a brink of a panic attack, and I didn't know how to help him.

I stepped over. I placed my hands on his shoulders, getting him to stop pacing. Tears rolled down his face the moment he stopped pacing, dripping off his chin, and when I pulled him into a tight hug, he started to cry into my shoulder.